Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small squares on 75 inch screen.

(Topic created on: 20-01-2021 02:10 PM)
Lilassa
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I purchased this 75 inch Samsung TV less than two months ago. Brought it to the store I purchased it from showed them photos of defect and fault and they confirmed they could see it. I contacted Samsung and was told by two people they could not see the squares and lines on the TV. The squares are blatantly obvious on the telly, there is a clear fault. All trouble shooting options have been tried and failed. 

Screenshot_20210118-135418_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210118-135312_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210118-134010_Video Player.jpg

 Squares are clearly visible in these photos. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
looks a bit like screen bleed
0 Likes
Lilassa
Apprentice
Options

Screen bleed doesn't usually look like small squares does it. Can this be fixed? 

0 Likes
Peterf4162
Apprentice
Options

Hi Mate

Did you resolve this issue?

I've got a similar issues on my new 65 8k.

Peter

Alexia
First Poster
Options

Hello. I just found out that my 86 inch TV has the same problem. It's just one little square dot . Did you solve the problem? 

0 Likes
cllund78
First Poster
Options

I am having a similar issue with my less than 1 day old 65" qn900c. In fact, when I was setting it up on the initial setup screens, I thought there was just a grid-like pattern on the background, only to find out it is on everything and completely covers the screen :-(. It seems like blue and white colors are the worst offenders. My suspicion is that it has something to do with the local dimming zones. This tv has a ton of dimming zones so my squares are much smaller than Lilassa's above. The picture from my phone seems to smooth it out (I think because of some fancy iphone picture processing because it is much more apparent looking at the image on the phone before snapping the picture), but you can still kind of see it here. It is much more noticeable in person. It's not a phenomenon of the window that I have open because I can move the window around and the squares stay in the same place on the tv even though the window is moving around. I do not believe it is a problem with windows/hdmi cord because it is apparent in the native youtube app. I'll call support to see what to do. screen squares.jpg

0 Likes
hpiracerxbrian
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution to this square problem? Mines doing it as well 😞

0 Likes