Go to solution Solved

Slow internet speeds with TV

(Topic created on: 17-01-2017 03:43 PM)
frazzo
First Poster
Options

RE: 65KS7000

My internet speed is 37mb/s

However my TV only gets no more than 15mb/s using the Netflix speed check. 

Same wired and wireless

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

I don't thing the samsung OS allows you to test the speed from the network settings?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JessL
Voyager
Options

We'd recommend doing the speed test without any connected devices on the router and using a laptop instead of your TV for more reliable results.

The TV will get as much as 100mbs speed depending on your broadband provider. 

For more information we'd advise that you contact your ISP. 

We hope this helped! :smileyhappy:

SilentRick
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my TV. I have 1Ghz with AT&T Fiber and I am hard wired directly into the TV. I should be getting 900Mbps but I'm barely getting 30Mbps. I have an Apple TV that is also hardwired directly to my network and I am getting 909Mbps. So why would I ever use the TV apps when I'm only pulling less than 30Mbps? What is the problem here Samsung?????

TehNewb
First Poster
Options

I am running AT&T fiber also with 1gHz.  I have a the best connection possible with true fiber from the street and a smart panel.  None of my devices are hardwired so my limitations are all based on wireless.  For this reason I use the AT&T modem/router as a modem only and use a TP Link Router for my wireless router.  Every device in my house (phones, computers, ipads, etc) are running at a solid 450-525 mbps.  Except my TVs.  My LG smart TV is running at around 180-210, which I will not complain about.  My Samsungs however are running at 48.  Nothing I try fixes this.  Now admittedly at 48, I have no issues with anything, no lag, no stuttering, etc.  Everything runs fine unless I try to actually use the web, which sucks to bad to use.  It just annoys me that these TVs are so much slower with no reason.

0 Likes
Deidman
First Poster
Options

I had to service calls from Spectrum and I am still having a very strange situation. When I use the wi-fi I get speeds of 40-50 mbpd but with stuttering and complete drop out. However with hardwire, although when cable tested I get 220 mbpd . However when I speed test TV with the Samsung plus speed test. I only get 16-18?. Seems like there is no way that wi-fi should be faster than hardwire. I am inclined to believe that if I could have a higher hardwire speed that my signal would be more dependable. The book that came with instructions to use a Cat 7 cable STP double twisted. Will this resolve my problem?. I had an older Samsung and worked great. This one is a Series 7. This us the second modem, I had one that I could assign either 2G or 5G. This new modem is a variable type. All the cables have tested okay.So anyone have any ideas. I  direct from router got speed 220, however the Samsung pkys app was 8-10, used several other with same results. Any ideas?. Although Spectrum said there maybe a "platform" problem with either a Samsung software, vs Spectrum?

0 Likes
rickahooy
First Poster
Options

Yes. I have the same issue with Samsung Terrace, Samsung QN85, Q7,QN85 Series tv's. I can be hard wired to a laptop and pull 450Mbps download. I take the Cat5 cable from my laptop and place in any of the 3 TV's and pull less than 100 Mbps. Tyically around 40-60 Mbps. Clearly the issue is with the TV.

Similar concept in wifi. WIFI device directly near the tv with laptops or iPhones pull 400-450 Mbps.  The TV wifi pulls less than -  100 Mbps. 

Hard wire always pulls less than wifi on the tvs, making this more strange.

I am on the phone with Samsung supervisor support and explaining the issue and she told me its not a SamSung TV issue. She told me its a provider or router issue. I reiterated the hard wire test on my laptops pull 400-450 and moving the cable to the tv is less than 100. I have been on the call for an hour. The supervisor went silent 30 minutes ago. I am not sure what she is doing.   I started this call with Samsung support in January. I was told a technician appointment would be scheduled. It was never scheduled. I had a supervisor chat last Friday, where I was assured I would be contacted for further steps. Now this supervisor seems to have ignored this issue again.

Seeing it appears I was lied to twice by Samsung support, I called today and got with a new supervisor. 

After explaining the issue and being argued with, I asked to escalate above her level and am still on hold 40 minutes later. 

Clearly Samsung tvs have the slow speed issue and will not admit it. Samsung support argues with customers after I provide clear facts the tv has issues getting the proper speeds the router is sending. 

Samsung, do the right thing and admit your tvs have connectivity issues so consumers can have a clear expectation of your product. 

Grguy68
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my new cu7000 85 tv. Hard wired to an optical cable that has 500mbp. But gets only about 20mps on tv. Have you finally got your issue resolved and how?

thanks!

0 Likes