Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports and DEX!

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 03:20 PM)
ForKinCrazy
Explorer
Options
I noticed the other day that I can no longer use the sky sports app to watch Sky Sports on my TV via DEX.
I don't know if this is due to the Sky app or Samsung?
It used to be cool as I could get full screen football etc on my 49 inch Samsung TV. Now I can only watch on my phone. Disappointing!!!
8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I suspect it's down to Sky. They built a routine to detect the presence of an HDMI cable which is why it doesn't work on Android TV boxes. I guess they want you to pay for multi room.
ForKinCrazy
Explorer
Options
No HDMI cable as I'm using a Z Fold 3 via Wi-Fi. But having said that, I'm inclined to agree that Sky have tweaked things. Shame but it was good while it lasted 😉.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They try hard. Barstewards!
Pepsi2020
Journeyman
Options
It's all marketing strategy to keep their sales up. Got the Fold too but noticed it with sky cinema.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ForKinCrazy  Agree with the others, imagine it is more likely to be a  restriction from Sky rather than Samsung. I do have Sky TV but personally have not taken Sky Sports for a while or used a pass.

As a matter of interest do you  have one of the passes, anyway article here on ways to access Sky Sports https://becleverwithyourcash.com/cheapest-way-to-watch-sky-sports/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
ForKinCrazy
Explorer
Options
I'm a Virgin TV customer mate. So have access via Sky app. It's useful when not at home or in another room if the Mrs wants the TV lol.
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I noticed that. I guess with wireless DeX they struggle to detect it being used, so just disable it. When in normal mode it works (on the phone/tablet) but stops with the external screen error as soon as you try and use Smart View to a display.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
ForKinCrazy
Explorer
Options
On the positive side Dex still works with the Virgin Go app. So I can still watch BT sport etc on the big TV! 👍🙂👍