Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sky Q menu/home access via the Samsung universal remote?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2023 03:12 PM)
JonBRGvx220
Student
Options

Hey

i have just had a Sky q box installed the 2TB version with the remote you can speak to... the Samsung universal Remote controls everything on the Sky Q but I can’t access the recordings via the remote. On my old sky box I just presses the return button on the universal remote and the sky menu would load.

does anyone know how to access the sky Q menu via the universal remote? The equivalent of pressing the “sky” button on the sky Q remote.

thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Interesting, as we've just gone from the 2022 model (q950) to 2022 model (qn900b) and seem to have the same problem.  On the q950, the Sky shortcuts (Home/Guide, Recordings, etc) would appear above the Sky input when highlighted.  On the QN900b, the menu system is different and I can't see a way to get to these options.  Is this the same thing you're referring to?  And have you since found any workaround (other than 2 remotes!)?

Fedex83
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrea, di you solve the problem? I Can't open sky menu 

0 Likes
Shaun69
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I have a 2022 frame and cannot use the white universal remote with my sky Q box. Yet my older 2021 tv frame works fine with the sky box makes no sense, really annoying -I’ve tried all the settings???

0 Likes
MartinM27
First Poster
Options

I have a 2022 QN90B. After looking around for a while I found how to access the Sky Home menu. On the universal remote press the settings button in the top left, go down to the bottom options list (the one with the 4 coloured dots next to the down arrow) and there is an option called ‘Cable Box Menu’. This option opens the Sky Q Home Screen for me.

ChrisBeee
First Poster
Options
You my friend are an absolute King.
0 Likes
MrsRais
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much. This was driving me insane!

0 Likes
Hibbos
First Poster
Options

You legend!

0 Likes