Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Sky Q menu/home access via the Samsung universal remote?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2018 03:24 PM)
JonBRGvx220
Student
Options

Hey

i have just had a Sky q box installed the 2TB version with the remote you can speak to... the Samsung universal Remote controls everything on the Sky Q but I can’t access the recordings via the remote. On my old sky box I just presses the return button on the universal remote and the sky menu would load.

does anyone know how to access the sky Q menu via the universal remote? The equivalent of pressing the “sky” button on the sky Q remote.

thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JonBRGvx220 wrote:

Hey

i have just had a Sky q box installed the 2TB version with the remote you can speak to... the Samsung universal Remote controls everything on the Sky Q but I can’t access the recordings via the remote. On my old sky box I just presses the return button on the universal remote and the sky menu would load.

does anyone know how to access the sky Q menu via the universal remote? The equivalent of pressing the “sky” button on the sky Q remote.

thanks in advance! 

Hi @JonBRGvx220, sometimes there can be a few issues with the Skyq set up on Universal Remote, so you may need to go through the set up again.  General settings-Start Set  Up, ensure you select the option for the HDMi connection  which includes SkyQ.   Initially it took a few attempts but does work fine on my system now, though at times I use the Sky remote.   I also got the 2TB Box, though little while ago now.    When pressing Home on the Universal Samsung Smart remote go to the Sky icon wih  all the apps on on 2nd row,immediately above that there is the Home and Recording Icons, the recording one takes me right to all  Recordings/Downloads.   Hope this helps!

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

JonBRGvx220
Student
Options

I did not look above the sky symbol on the app bar! Very different to the old sky box but still works! Thanks for the feedback it was perfect!!! 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@JonBRGvx220 wrote:

I did not look above the sky symbol on the app bar! Very different to the old sky box but still works! Thanks for the feedback it was perfect!!! 

No problem as long as working for you Jon,  well the Q Box is a bit different and systems can vary.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MartinR
Pioneer
Options

Hi - to do the set up again, i need to enter the pin code to unlock.  Any idea how this can be reset if you might have forgotton what pin was set originally.

Thanks

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hi there, @MartinR. The code is initially set to either 0,0,0,0 or 1,2,3,4.

To reset the code if these don't work: Turn your TV to Standby. When thirty seconds have passed, punch in the following keys quickly:
Mute>8>2>4>Power. This will reset your Smart TV PIN to the default value of 0,0,0,0.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
BigBib
First Poster
Options
Great solution. The feature that shows the second row with“Home” & “Recordings” has been added and now really makes the smart remote fit fior purpose with Sky Q.
PS: you can go straight to Recordings on Sky Q using the voice command and saying “ Recordings”
0 Likes
Chrisgixer
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have the older Q9 but the issues seem similar in relation to sky q. Box model es240 is missing from the list of supported sky q boxes when setting up the universal remote but es140 seems to work. 

i had sky plus and two functions I miss from sky plus are pressing the channel button to open the home page (same as you do on terrestrial or free view) and the channel guide (push the channel button up or down opens the sliding scale list on the right side of the screen, same as on free view again ) 

you see the general idea, they want to keep the functions the same across platforms.

except these two functions don't work as said with Sky Q and the universal remote. 

well I say that, the channel guide kind of works now I swapped the hdmi cable back to the one I had with sky plus( I think) genuine sky one. But the channel guide is buggy. Takes a while to work after switch on and using a favourites or hd menu from sky Q upsets it as the channel numbers are all wrong, or if you select a channel that's pin protected it puts the channel number in where the pin should go and that upsets it as well. Or it just won't respond the pushing the channel button up or down at all. 

I know the home page can be selected by pressing menu and selecting sky/up/home or recordings but it would be much better being able to just press the channel button and go straight to the Q home page. As sky plus used to for the sky plus home page

0 Likes
TCAT
First Poster
Options

Top man, this has been cheesing me off since buying SkyQ. Mud now cleansed from my eyeball 

0 Likes
andrea1313
First Poster
Options

Hi I have tried everything to get sky menu and recordings - I can't see the menu above the sky app on the second row. Samsung have been no help - they initially told me that the universal remote does not work with the sky box - I fixed this issue myself and Samsung are wrong it does work everything but the sky menu. My old Samsung remote  did everything - now I've graded to their newest tv and I am back to using 2 remotes - it does not make sense

0 Likes