Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q connection

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 08:43 PM)
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options

Hi.

Which is the best way to connect my SKY Q box to my Samsung QN800 TV & Samsung Q950T sound bar? Currently I've got the Sky Q box connected to the HDMI 1 on TV one connect box & the TV one connect box HDMI(earc) connected to the HDMI(earc) on the sound bar. I'm asking because I'm getting Lip sync issues. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try below

Connecting the Soundbar to your Sky Q Box

Connect the TV with the Sky Q Box via the HDMI cable. The cable itself is included in the package of the Sky Q Box.

The cable itself should be provided for in the Soundbar package

Connect soundbar to the TV
0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me which HDMI Ports for each connection? 

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
I have my soundbar connected using a digital audio cable. Sky Q box directly to Samsung soundbar. For sound. Then separate HDMI from Sky Q box to Samsung TV. Using port 2 for UHD 4k picture. Great picture and sound . No lip sync issues at all.
0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options

Hi. Alfsdad

Thanks for the reply. 

I was advised to use a certified HDMI cable because I won't be able to get Q Symphony or Dolby Atmos using a digital audio cable. 

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
I was advised by Sky Tech team to use the setup I described as there is an issue between Sky Q boxes and some Samsung TV,s. Which manifests itself as lip sync issues.
0 Likes
NismoBlue
First Poster
Options

Thanks

I was unaware of any issues 

0 Likes
BeamMeUp
Apprentice
Options

Excuse me being a novice here... are you saying you connect your soundbar to the TV using ARC (=the digital audio cable)?  then the sky box to the sound bar using HDMI? then another HDMI from the Sky box to the TV?   Does an optical cable feature in this set up at all?  Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
No ARC uses HDMI cables. On the back of the Sky Q box is a port to use a digital audio cable. It's fibre optic cable. From this port to a similar port on the soundbar. Carries sound only. The HDMI from the Q box to the TV using the port on the Samsung TV that supports UHD 4K. Hope this is easier to understand.
0 Likes
BeamMeUp
Apprentice
Options
Yes! I just ordered an optical cable. Many thanks :smiling-face: