Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Q/ Bose soundbar no sound when TV switched on - QE55Q80TA

(Topic created on: 15-03-2021 10:20 PM)
Robertf1
Student
Options

Guys

I had Sky Q fitted last month and have had a load of issues with the BOSE soundbar since installation. At first I thought it was the optical lead that was an issue so I changed to HDMI but not better, Intermittently when you switch the TV on there is no sound, you have to switch the TV and Sky box off 3/4 times and it starts again, if I switch from sound bar to TV speakers it works fine. Sky tell me it is a Samsung issue as feed is going from the SkyQ box to the telly but not from the telly to the soundbar.

I see a lot of posts on here about compatibility with SkyQ - is that the issue here as well?

Any help greatly appreciated before I contact Samsung technical.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Barford1011
Navigator
Options
has your tv got an ARK port normally HMDI port 2, also have you gone into tv settings and select out put. I have a Panasonic tv and had to play about for few min till it worked
0 Likes
Robertf1
Student
Options

Hi there, many thanks for the reply.

I am using the eARC output and all settings seem fine, this was working ok on my Sky+ set but since SkyQ installation it has been an issue. I have switched off Dolby digital to try it but sound quality nowhere near as good on normal setting.

0 Likes
RustyGolfClub
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you ever fix this? I have a Sony TV with the same issues with Sky Q

Thanks

0 Likes
RustyGolfClub
First Poster
Options

I have this issue with my Sony TV and Bose Soundbar 600 using the Arc HDMI. Seems to be more stable when I changed, through the Bose App, the “HDMI Power and Audio”  CEC option to 4.  Still not perfect… 

0 Likes