Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky and firestick only work on hdmi 1??

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 07:19 PM)
Marge010
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE55RU7100 TV and I've noticed an issue with the hdmi ports. I have sky and a firestick but both will only work in hdmi port 1. I have an android box that works fine in hdmi ports 2 and 3 so the ports are working but when I connect sky to either port 2 or 3 it displays an error saying "this screen does not support hdcp" . The firestick has a blank screen in ports 2 and 3. It is really frustrating because I want to keep both devices connected at the same time without having to keep changing them.

TV software is up to date and I have changed sky q box settings to 1080p

Can anyone help? 

10 REPLIES 10
peterborough33
Student
Options
hi Marge010 hiya yes I can have same pob as you I had that same issue have you texted the settings on the fire stick and the sky Q box that is something wrong with the hdmi pob ring up Sky or Amazon see if it's any of them to is it is that's your best if it is in there something wrong your TV because it should be doing that
0 Likes
peterborough33
Student
Options
and again it could be the Hdmi socket might gone faulty ring Samsung asking about the warranty on tv and if you haven't done anything wrong with it they will fix it I had that problem before so it is a common problem with these smart TVs
0 Likes
Marge010
Apprentice
Options

I spoke to sky and they ran through their normal diagnostics but they think it's an issue with the tv. I called Samsung support and they said the sky q box needs to be set to 1080p. I checked the settings on sky q box and it is set to 1080p. I'm not sure what amazon would be able to tell me

0 Likes
peterborough33
Student
Options
hello again it's Callum flowers you've been commenting on my status TV the you've got is the TV brand new or have you had it quite a long time if it's in warranty they will have to by law have to fix it under their warranty guarantor limited warranty I think something like that and then we'll get someone to book it in in if it is a faulty board they will replace the board a lot but some depending where you are it's weird
0 Likes
Marge010
Apprentice
Options

I've had the tv just under 11 months so it should be under warranty. It doesn't seem as though the ports are faulty as both hdmi 2 and 3 are having the same issue. Other device that I have which is an android TV box works fine in both of these ports. Its as if the tv has different specs for hdmi 1 than it does for hdmi 2 and 3 but the manual doesn't say there's any difference between them. I'll contact the place of purchase tomorrow as I still have the receipt. 

0 Likes
peterborough33
Student
Options
tell the store when you got it from it's faulty and they will replace it for a charge they've got it because they're giving you a faulty TV technically that's not that's naughty
0 Likes
peterborough33
Student
Options
free
0 Likes
peterborough33
Student
Options

Hiya did you get it sorted as I was speaking to you I haven't had any updates do they replace the TV that you had

0 Likes
Marge010
Apprentice
Options

The issue was with the sky Q box. Some Samsung tv's are not compatible with the 4k version of the sky q box. Sky changed the box to a 1080p box instead and it solved the problem.

I don't watch 4k content so I don't mind changing the box. I'm not sure what would have happened if I said I wanted 4k content. 

0 Likes