Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts on remote to change Satellite TV to Terrestrial TV

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 08:04 AM)
Sparks-ie
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Frame TV is connected to both terrestrial antenna as well as a satellite connection to the internal turners.

To switch between terrestrial TV and satellite TV, on the remote control (BN59-01268H), I have to press the CH LIST button and then press the left key < , then up key twice, press enter key, then down key to select options of Terrestrial or Satellite, the enter key, then the return key. This process is 7 key selections.

Having Satellite/Terrestrial shortcuts on the remote would make things much easier because I know how to switch by the above mentioned CH LIST steps, but for other users it is very confusing because when if Satellite in selected and TV is switch off, then the next use wants to watch Terrestrial TV do not know the CH LIST steps and cannot watch the required TV channels.

Is it possible to create individual shortcuts on the remote for example red A button to Terrestrial and the green B button for Satellite?

Any option would be welcome. 

31 REPLIES 31
clanger9
Student
Options

*bump* me too!

I use both tuners and a shortcut to switch tuners would be very welcome. Ideally, it should be on the "Home" menu as another source, so I can switch between Terrestrial and Satellite just like switching to any other source. It doesn't make sense to have this buried in the programme guide options...

JamesN
First Poster
Options

Query perfectly explained. 7 steps for a frequently used item is not good UX. 

Suggest Option 1 / (4 Clicks) 

> Home

> Live Sat / Live Ter / Netflix / Amazon Prime .......... (ie add a separate X for TV Ter [Ariel])

Option 2 (1 Click)

> Make 4 Coloured Buttons programmable .... ie Red Satellite / Green Ariel ...

0 Likes
Members_hPbt5GJ
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a Q60T and agree with this request.  Like a lot of users we use both and switch between the Live Satellite and Live Terrestrial daily. I can also see other users have requested this simple modification over the last few years but it has not been implemented. So please could we have both Live Sat and Live Ter added to the menu.

Marcospam
Apprentice
Options

This match perfectly my problem!

Did you guys find a smart solution?

0 Likes
Options

as always very little response from Samsung

0 Likes
Options

I have recently purchased a Q60A.

The easiest thing would be either to have it in the Source options, of as at app next to the “terrestrial TV” icon

Surely this is just a firmware/software change

Im amazed the way this works was ever signed off as a design.

I bet this was never a feature Samsung used as a sales pitch and was one point the Samsung sales rep in store, didn’t know how to use

Just for the record, the LG way is just as bad, albeit their recent software update makes it a bit easier but not if you are not tech savvy

0 Likes
Biffo
First Poster
Options

Same here, have just bought a qn90a and share the issue, it replaces a 10yo Panasonic where I could simply select sat/terrestrial as a source....

0 Likes
Trubl13
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new Samsung TV and while us brilliant, I am having the same trouble. That is, why so many steps to go from Sat to Terrestrial??  I also have a Sony TV and they have A1 button press to switch between the 2. An really starting to regret not spending the little extra to go Sony again! Please Samsung, a simple s\w upgrade to allow this?

0 Likes
Svein1967
Pioneer
Options

Hmm, I just press the 123 button a few seconds, and get a list if inputs to select. I have a new The Frame, maybe this only works on that model of Samsungs? 

0 Likes