Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortage of bending covers for one-connect cable

(Topic created on: 28-02-2019 07:38 AM)
jhh
Student
Options

I bought a 55" 'the frame' TV recently. I love it. But...

The instructions are very clear that for any 90 degree turns in the one-connect cable you should use a "bending cover" to prevent damage to the cable from being to severely. From my box to the TV my one-connect requires four right angled turns. But they only provide one bending cover for the TV.

Annoying, but I'll just buy a few more of these "bending covers" (1.5" curved piece of plastic with a groove in it for the cable and stickum on the back to stick to the wall) from samsung.

I spent over an hour contacting samsungparts.com and samsung technical support. But nobody can help me! Not even a part number for the thing.

Anybody else have a solution to this problem? I am considering just taping the cable to the wall.

-jon

18 REPLIES 18
keshlam
Journeyman
Options

At that price, I'm just going to 3d-print a few. First step is to see if someone has posted a model; if not I can draw my own. It won't be the same color, but I'd prefer white anyway.

0 Likes
keshlam
Journeyman
Options

Didn't find an existing model, so rattling off my own. Haven't figured final cost yet... expensive if I bill the development time, but cheap per piece after that. 

0 Likes
1nut2ball
Apprentice
Options

fyi, its clear.  the blue color is just the removeable tape. 

0 Likes
keshlam
Journeyman
Options

Ah. Well, I'm prototyping mine in white since I have an off-white wall and since that's what is currently loaded into the printer. Transparent is tough to do in FDM printing; easier in resin.

0 Likes
keshlam
Journeyman
Options

FWIW, I have a model for 90-drgree turns and am pondering what to do about some curves which would go a bit wide with those but can be made fairly nicely with 45-degree bends. (Easy once I had basic dimensions close to right.)

Materials cost is tiny; haven't yet checked electrical usage, bring your own double-sided tape, and currently only in white ... but the big cost was the manhours feeding this into the machine and tweaking it to taste.

beast_awakens
Student
Options

Hey @keshlam ! Do you have this model shared anywhere?  I need like 8 of these and I'm happy to print them up rather than shelling out £80 for tiny bits of plastic 😄

0 Likes
keshlam
Journeyman
Options

I wound up with a whole family of these to create continuous channels (long runs to support, speaker cables too), and then had to juggle the sizes a bit when the extra-long cable arrived (not surprisingly, it's a bit thicker).  I'm not convinced they're pretty enough to be worth throwing up onto thingiverse or similar, and I can't attach them here... let me think about how best to get them to you.

As seen here, the long three-cable runs at ceiling height aren't that objectionable -- and I expect they will eventually wind up behind crown molding anyway. The concentration where they come through the wall and all go up to the corner together is a bit annoying, admittedly. (One side: Samsung cable, right front speaker, subwoofer.. Other side: left rear speaker, left front speaker, center speaker. Right rear speaker is the one where this comes in.)

cable_guides.jpg

beast_awakens
Student
Options

@keshlam I'm happy to take a look at anything you may have, if I need to adapt or adjust, I can do that! If you don't want to publish on thingiverse, then I can grab from a dropbox/gdrive/wherever link.  Doesn't look like we can DM on here 😞 but my email is ** if that helps 😉
I think your setup looks pretty tidy and neat tbh, better than my current free-floating cable trailing across the wall 🤣

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

You can DM on the Community. Check out how here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Welcome to the Community!