Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow on Samsung tu7000

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 12:23 AM)
Boboethic
Student
Options

56216CE5-D956-40D2-AFE3-96D18C363B99.jpeg

There is a grid like shadow visible on the tv. Could be DSE but the fact that it’s so uniform has me curious if it’s something else. Anyone have any theories or ways to fix it? I’d though about opening the back of the tv and trying to loosen some stuff but I’m not experienced enough when it comes to DIY on TVs. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
It does look like DSE.

Normal in a lot of LED, plasma and LCD displays especially prominent in brighter tv settings.

Messing about with the picture settings may help.

Loosening but not removing the casing screws may reduce any tension across the screen and help, if the TV has been bumped or compressed in anyway but wouldn't go any further than that.

You could try changing where the TV is to somewhere else in the room, I know the viewing angle can effect how much DSE you see.

hope it helps.

I think mostly its down to how much DSE you think is acceptable.

Boboethic
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. The tv (as is the case with a lot of the recent Samsung TVs) has a screwless back so I wouldn’t actually be able to loosen the back in a traditional way. I was thinking if I removed the back and then re attached it carefully it could fulfil the same effect as loosening screws. Seeing as it likely is DSE, is the fact that it’s straight vertical/ horizontal lines a hint as to what may have caused it? It seems like a grid outline so something within the TVs components could be pushing to hard on this “grid”. Again I’m not informed on all the components that make a tv work so I could be wrong on that.

0 Likes
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
No worries at all, yeah that would be something to try but I would be careful of any flimsy connections connected to the outer case, might be worth giving the inside a clean with air while your there. I would also check for anything restricting the back-light. Just allow the TV to completely discharge of all power before loosening the panels. I would be very careful though if your going to loosen it. I couldn't do it I'm to heavy handed lol.

Suppose the most common cause of unacceptable DSE is as you originally said due to case compression or misaligned during the manufacturing process or because of too much pressure applied to the case when moving the TV.

The grids you see can be down to the LED positions.

I'm assuming your TV is LED though.

How old is the TV is it not under warranty or insurance to get it checked out.

0 Likes
Boboethic
Student
Options

The tv is pretty much brand new, about 2 months old and the DSE has been there from the start. The store (Currys) I got it from are renowned for terrible customer service so I don’t think they would be any help when it came to repairs but maybe Samsung themselves would be able to.  I might give taking the back case off and putting it back on a try to see if it is pressure from the back that’s causing it. Not sure what I would do beyond that though as I’m clueless as to the makeup of TV sets. When it comes to the backlight and panels I wouldn’t know what to do so I might see if Samsung are able to help in that manner. What exactly should I be looking out for that could be restricting the backlight?

0 Likes
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
I would check for anything foreign and a obstruction to the back light. Check for any wires that have come loose and reducing light

However with the TV being just two month old I'm sure you should be covered by a Samsung manufacturing warranty I'm not sure on curry's return policy though, because it is only 2 month old I wouldn't loosen the case as it will void any warranty on the TV. I think if you contact Samsung and check the TV has valid warranty they must check the TV for any faults.

I just know DSE is quite normal with some TVs.
0 Likes