Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow on Left Side of my 4K TV

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 06:45 PM)
ANXSLOTH
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have a Samsung 7 Series 4K TV that I bought in 2019 and have not had any issues with it until last night I noticed a shadow on the left side of the screen, for a moment it moved about but now fixed to the side of the TV screen. I've Googled around and seen that other people experience the fault too. People spending more than what I did on TV's as well and not even lasting past 2 years... This was shocking to read, a TV is a big purchase for a lot of people, including myself. I looked up repair costs and it looks like there would not be any point, I'm not a repairman either so fixing this issue is not something I could do. Is my TV now just destined for rubbish/junk?

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@ANXSLOTH: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is the shadow present on all channels and sources? If you head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, is it present in the sample image? If so, please try pressing and holding the Power button on your remote until the TV restarts, or power it off, unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds and plug it back in to see if this helps. If the issue persists, please reach out to our AV Team on 0333 000 0333, or on Facebook or Twitter, where an advisor will be able to look at your available repair options. 

0 Likes
davenuman
First Poster
Options

hi! i have the same problem! as it seems hundreds of other customers do! i have just been told i have to get it repaired at my cost! it seems to me that samsung should be putting this right for their customers with or without warranty as this should not be an issue with so many tv`s at only 2yrs usage! samsung are going to lose hundreds of loyal customers just because they will not admit their tv`s have an issue that should be resolved by them and not be asking their customers to suck it or scrap it! 

Dansung01
First Poster
Options

My series 6 is also having this issue. It's also in the left side of the screen. I won't stop I until it's repaired at the cost of Samsung. It's obviously a defect and we shouldn't have to pay for this. 

0 Likes