Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my new TV

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 04:39 PM)
Bluenose1940
Explorer
Options

Please can anyone help this 80 year old wrinkley set his TV up please.

I have just purchased a Samsung UE32T5300 Smart TV and have it set up in my bedroom.

It does not have any sort of aerial attached to it.  At this moment it is connected to the Wi-Fi system and, whilst there appears to be hundreds of channels available to watch with great images, I just cannot seem to get what I would call the 'basic' channels such as BBC1, BBC2, ITV etc etc.

I'm sure that there is a simple solution to this  and so if some kind person could spare a few minutes to point me in the right direction I will be most grateful.

Thank you in advance of any help.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi.
First step is to get an aerial cable in the back of the TV.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't think you can make it work without an aerial...
0 Likes
Bluenose1940
Explorer
Options

Oops!!  I really thought that as it is a 'Smart TV' that I could get everything via the internet.

Why would the 'basic channels' not be available when so many others are?

from what you say it would seem that I will have to get an aerial feed to the TV then.

Thank you for your input DUMITRU79

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
No problem bud 👍. I think what you are looking for is called FREEVIEW CHANNELS. Once you get an aerial into your TV , should be easy to achieve your goal :winking-face:
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Actually, there would be a way to do that without the aerial. It's called BBC PLAYER . You should find it in your TV's app list.
0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Let me know if have managed to get it.
0 Likes
Roger8
Journeyman
Options
you can buy a small digital aerial cheaply from amazon or curry's, that will solve the problem
Roger
0 Likes
Bluenose1940
Explorer
Options

Hello folks, sincere apologies for late response to your input.

I have managed to get the BBC iPlayer working but that doesn't give all of the 'live tv'.  

If it comes to it I will run a new aerial cable to the room which as mentioned will give me all of the Freeview Channels. I didn't really want to do this but at the end of the day it won't be too much of a problem.

Thanks again for all the help.

0 Likes