Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default app

(Topic created on: 25-09-2021 01:42 AM)
Ddw1966
First Poster
Options

I use YouTube TV as my television service and would like my Samsung TV to start up on that instead of TVPlus. Is there a way to change the default startup app?

96 REPLIES 96
Quack4321
Journeyman
Options

It doesn’t work

Theframe32_
First Poster
Options

Just bought a Frame Tv and if I can’t get set a default app I’ll just pick up a Roku or Google Chromecast and be done with it

Ian Reed
First Poster
Options

You think you’ve got problems? My tv opens on a really badly synced Rakuten channel! Even Samsung aren’t responding after 2 years of their alleged Helpdesk!

Never buying Samsung again, that inc phones.

Reid g
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new frame tv. I want the tv plus but I don’t want it to start up on it’s own whenever the tv is on.  Has this been sorted?  28 days until this gets returned for a full refund. 

Baaab
First Poster
Options

Seems like the Samsung TV OS is maybe kinda *finicky* about apps it likes and apps it doesn't. 

I too use the Spectrum app most often, but even though "last app" IS selected in settings, it will NEVER start to that (most often, TV Plus) - but if I turn the TV off when either Netflix or Prime Video is open, it WILL open to those on restart... Unless it goes back to my DVD player, even though I ALWAYS turn that OFF after watching anything!

But... Samsung got your money already when you bought your device, so it's pretty obvious that they don't care about you any more. (Evidenced by their absence of comment in this thread!) 

Lady Golfer
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue.  Check this out.  If you have a amazon prime account or netflix, go on one of them and pretend to play something.  Then turn off the TV and turn back on.  It comes on to one of those.  I am thinking that since YouTube TV was not in the lineup and had to be added as an app that Samsung is only allowing those apps in their line up as defaults as last app on.  Definitely, Samsung needs to update this flaw. 

showboat
Student
Options

Yeah, I figured that out too...  If I choose one of "their" options, then it defaults to that selection but if I add an app, those are treated differently than those that are available directly through Samsung.  I agree, that's a big hole in their offering.

Quack4321
Journeyman
Options

I despise Samsung. Fix this, you stupid company!!

FrustrastedParent
First Poster
Options

Samsung - I have to sue you for forcing something and that too inappropriate for my kid.

All I wanted  to have Disney plus app open as default for 7 year old but everytime I switch it on you force TVplus. recently I am seeing music albums from vevo with obscene content open as default. why are you pushing something to my family. 

I need my parental control and you Samsung have caused enough damage.

Get out of our lives.

tigndudee
First Poster
Options

AndrewL, thanks for the reply but "Autorun Last app" does not work. The default remains Samsung plus. Any other thoughts?