Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

server maintenance

(Topic created on: 30-09-2020 05:45 PM)
Suttz
Apprentice
Options
Hi. I've just bought a Samsung smart TV and it's saying server is down for maintenance. I've read about on Google but can't find a direct answer to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
Moike
First Poster
Options

Pihole was the cause of my problem too, when SamsungTV disappeared and I couldn't complete the t&c after resetting my ru8000 tv. Made an exception in pihole and it worked. 

0 Likes
corywi
First Poster
Options

In addition to using the DNS server 8.8.8.8 (did not work for me), you can also try 4.4.4.4 (which did work on mine) or 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 or 9.9.9.9 or you can just google popular DNS servers. If you are in an office behind a firewall then you will have to try several different DNS servers until you find one that the firewall will not block.

0 Likes
DayleL
First Poster
Options

All the same issues that you had. Mine started when our cable company came out and switched our cable. It won’t download the terms and agreements. Says the server is under maintenance.  
Already reset reset reset, same BS.

I seriously don’t wanna have to do all that bullshit to watch my very expensive Samsung smart TV. 

Right now I’m watching my Samsung really dumb TV with a cable box and 1980s tv stations. Instead of Netflix, prime and all the other channels I pay for. Including my Samsung TV channels that I pay for.

Guess I’ll wait till the weekend and call Samsung repair techs. Uggg!

0 Likes
Ashish Saxena
First Poster
Options

Thanks Gen, it worked for me.

0 Likes
Garen
First Poster
Options

Gen, i did everything youve suggested still keeps on saying server is down. the only thing that i did not try is the VPN thing. one said put the VPN for the country i bought the TV from. but the rest, none worked. factory reset, smart hub reset, unplugging the wifi and the tv from the sockets, trying with hot spot,... im out of ideas.. and for the DNS i tried 8888 8844 1111 and 9999 and none worked..

0 Likes
char7
First Poster
Options

Hi Garen!

Try this link: https://youtu.be/KnfQuGxmROA?si=PYzK0sMKuhQZ3tHS

It worked for me! Just be sure to search where your mute button is on your respective TV remote 🙂

0 Likes
Lindy51
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem. How infuriating to buy the controls and not be able to play. 

0 Likes
Lindy51
Apprentice
Options

Can’t Samsung fix this. I dont want to reset. 

0 Likes