Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

server maintenance

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 09:24 AM)
Suttz
Apprentice
Options
Hi. I've just bought a Samsung smart TV and it's saying server is down for maintenance. I've read about on Google but can't find a direct answer to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17
TamaraDensieRam
First Poster
Options
not having any issues with mine. try a factory reset and download the latest software, hope this helps :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Suttz
Apprentice
Options
no. have you got yours wireless or wired. clutching at straws here lol
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
YouTube might be a gd help.
0 Likes
Solution
Suttz
Apprentice
Options
sorted it thank you. had to reset the tv a couple of times.
TamaraDensieRam
First Poster
Options
glad to hear the reset worked, eventually:)
0 Likes
Mbumba
First Poster
Options

i have tried the reset, multiple network (wi fi or cable), Smart Things, nothing works, I have Samsung  8 Series (55).

Please advise

Gen_Niox
Student
Options

For anyone else that's having similar issues, seems to be a popular one.

Hate to say it, but I had to do a couple things. More than likely for you, it's because your ISP auto-blocks ads and such.. that's effectively what my network was doing.

(1) I had to reset the TV. It was somewhere in the main settings app.

(2) I had to reconnect to my Wi-Fi network, skipping all other initial setup-prompts.

(3) I went into Network settings (within the settings app), viewed the Wi-Fi configurations, and changed my DNS to be manually set instead of automatic and set the address to Quad-8 (8.8.8.8).

(4) I finagled my way to signing the Terms and Conditions.

(5) After that, everything else worked like a charm. I could set everything back to the way it was, changing DNS, the whole nine. Stinks that I had to basically rebuild my old setup.. if there's an easier way to change/set DNS servers on the TV and agree to the T&C, please post so the less tech-savvy can more easily accomplish this. I spent easily two or three hours troubleshooting every last little thing on my network and this finally did the trick for me.

Best of luck to you.

- Gen

Noeyefonesear
First Poster
Options

Had the same issue. I have pihole installed on home network which blocks ads.

For some reason the TV won't even download the t&c with this enabled. 

I reset TV and then connected it to the WiFi hotspot on my phone, signed T&C and got through that way.

I am now connected back to home WiFi again and still working out if I can still use the TV. Apps that are not installed seem to fail. I may have to end up adding a rule to pihole to exclude the TV IP address!!

Hope this helps someone else.

Kate
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much for posting this. I am not aware of any kind of added security on mine, but it would not behave with my sky router.

WiFi hot-spot worked a charm though for the ts and Cs and downloading the apps. I had to delete the WiFi I had connected before it'd work and have typed in the ***** password over 10 times today... But I'm there now. Thank you 

0 Likes