Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 7 TV - when Sonos Beam connected standby light flashes and TV won’t switch on

(Topic created on: 22-02-2020 08:48 AM)
johnatnewfield
First Poster
Options
  • Hello - My TV is model UE50NU7020K, bought Dec 2018. I connected a new Sonos Beam in Jan 2020 using the HDMI ARC lead provided by Sonos and it works fine. However since then every few days the TV will not switch on and would only do so after disconnecting the power and reconnecting after a short period.
  • I have checked that the power supply is not the problem.
  • The red standby light flashes intermittently when the Beam is connected but when I disconnect the Beam the light stops flashing.
  • Samsung troubleshooting guidance suggest that a flashing standby light indicates a problem with the TV but as it only flashes when the Beam is connected could there still be a problem with the TV?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
tbrennan0330
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the identical symptoms. After connecting the Sonos beam using the ARC, I have not been able to turn on the TV (UN55NU6900) using the remote or power botton. I have to unplug the TV's power. Only after plugging it back in does the remote control power turn it on. Has a solution been discovered for this problem? 

0 Likes
johnatnewfield
First Poster
Options

No solution as such but it has been over 3 weeks now since my TV last refused to switch on. It was intermittent anyway but would randomly happen every 2 or 3 days. My Beam is still connected and seems to be working fine. Apart from the flashing standby light the TV seems to be working fine too - until it refuses to switch on again? I’m wondering if it’s actually nothing to do with the Beam at all and whether any device connected to the ARC port might cause the standby light to flash? 

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Mar 2020, at 17:06, Samsung Community <no-reply@eu.community.samsung.com> wrote:
Samsung
Samsung Community

Hi johnatnewfield,

tbrennan0330 (New Member) posted a new reply in TV on 07-03-2020 06:05 PM:

Re: Series 7 TV - when Sonos Beam connected standby light flashes and TV won’t switch on

I am experiencing the identical symptoms. After connecting the Sonos beam using the ARC, I have not been able to turn on the TV (UN55NU6900) using the remote or power botton. I have to unplug the TV's power. Only after plugging it back in does the remote control power turn it on. Has a solution been discovered for this problem? 

Samsung Community
Copyright© 1995-2020 SAMSUNG All Rights Reserved.
0 Likes
Raff81
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung  UE43TU7000 connected to Sonos Beam. Any solutions yet please?

0 Likes
johnatnewfield
First Poster
Options

No solutions offered. It’s a very intermittent problem. Weeks can go by without it happening and then it can suddenly start to happen  very frequently. I am just living with it.

0 Likes
Raff81
First Poster
Options

It's really annoying the flashing light is constant for me, even if the remote works. I have the TV in my bedroom and the constant flashing is really annoying. 😞

0 Likes
johnatnewfield
First Poster
Options

That must be annoying. My tv stands on a non-reflective wooden surface and it took me ages to find that it actually had a standby light. I can only see it if I put a strip of foil underneath it.

0 Likes
SweatyGoans
First Poster
Options

Same issue here with a Sonos Beam and a UE55HU7500 TV. Have used ARC previously with an Amp and sure I didn’t see this issue so I think it’s the Beam. Any further info? I don’t seem to have any ill affects, it’s just a bit concerning!

0 Likes
johnatnewfield
First Poster
Options

Hi there - sorry no more info but my TV has been switching on without issue for the past few weeks. Only thing that I can add is that as well as having the Sonos Beam connected to the TV via ARC I also have a quite old Mac Mini connected to the TV by HDMi. A few weeks ago I had a new solid state drive installed in the Mac Mini because it was performing very slowly. Since then the TV hasn’t refused to switch on although the red standby light is continuing to flash. Maybe just a coincidence.

0 Likes