Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series 6 TV All Terrestrial TV Channels missing from channel list

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 03:01 PM)
Puzzledbadger
First Poster
Options

Hi

My mother-in-law's Series 6 TV is now missing all terrestrial tv channels. It will only show TV Plus Channels.

I have re-scanned - the stats shows 140 channels and 119 TV Plus Channels so it is picking them up BUT

When I hit Home then select the blue icon for TV (not Plus TV) then click channel guide or channel list it goes straight to TV Plus as there are no terrestrial tv channels to look for.  It keeps going to TV Plus.

I checked the filter on channels but it is set to 'all'.   I have also tried resetting the TV.

She now cannot watch normal TV. Please help!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Puzzledbadger: Please can you confirm the model number of the TV? This can be found on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Settings > Support > About This TV. Also, is the TV connected to an aerial via the ANT IN (air/cable) port? 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
You could try Turning off tv plus

Go into settings and go to tv plus and click off. once you do that it's disabled
0 Likes
Puzzledbadger
First Poster
Options

The model number is UE40MU6100 and the Aerial is plugged in which is why it picks up 140 tv/radio stations (but does not display them as channel to select within the TV section).

It was working before but not now (we were trying to work out why the number buttons on the classic remote and the smart remote will not register to change channel - the indicator pulses but accepts no input!!).

I will ask her to disable TV Plus but I doubt it will help if it cannot list any channels.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for providing us with the model @Puzzledbadger. Have you tried to disable TV plus? If so, did that help?

I have had a look at the TV support page and it seems that there is a new software version available. Would you be able to check if your mom's TV is running on version 1300.3? You can check this by heading into the TV Settings> Support> About this TV or Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
Puzzledbadger
First Poster
Options

Hi

The software version is 1300 (it does not say 1300.3 but says this is the latest version).

Deleting the TV Plus makes no difference.

It is so strange, it picks up the channels when scanning but does let you what them. Even under channels type it only lists data/other channels.

We have tried resetting the TV, and the Smart Hub section but it still remembers settings like the post code.

Is there a way to hard reset the TV in a service menu?

Also under diagnostics menu the signal diagnostics is greyed out.

I have never come across a TV like it. Please can you help as she cannot watch any basic TV channels.

Thx

0 Likes
lanc3k
First Poster
Options
Go settings > broadcast > service provider and enter your post code and terrestrial settings and it will do tuning again
0 Likes