Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching Terrestial (Freeview) show names rarely works

(Topic created on: 05-01-2023 09:21 AM)
DafOwen
Apprentice
Options

I have a new Samsun QLED QN90B - my first smart TV

I previously had an old TV with Humax PVR for digital freeview.

When searching using the search Icon top left on home screen it rarely ever finds shows on Terrestial TV (UK Freeview) - usually lists shows on pay-per-view apps that I don't subscribe to e.g. AmazonPrime

Just tested searching for a show that is due on in an a few hours today (Yukon Gold) showing up in the Guide, searching for both "Gold" and then "Yukon" and it didn't find the terrestial TV show at all! Only suggested the Prime equivalent.

Is there something wrong in terms of config/tunning ?
Can I configure search to just return results for some apps and not others ?
Is it possible to search within guide ?
Searching for shows on the Humax worked just fine.

4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It sounds like your signal is not strong enough. I had this issue years ago after I got a new TV and moved from freeview box to inbuilt freeview.

I got new ariel with a booster on it and it allowed me to pick up all the chanels.
I can't remember the exact reason why it worked on freeview box and not the tv, but if I remember something about new frequencies if I remember rightly

0 Likes
DafOwen
Apprentice
Options

As far as I know - all the channels are showing up and the show in question was showing up in the TV Guide - so not convinced about this possibility - but will bear it in mind.
I'm in SE London relatively close to Crystal Palace transmitter, use one of the better indoor amplified aerials (when it was available) : SLx 27793RG

0 Likes
DafOwen
Apprentice
Options

Just checking - when others in the UK use the Search function (Home page top left) - does this bring up Terrestrial TV shows (not premium services or iplayer etc) ?

0 Likes
DafOwen
Apprentice
Options

I think I've figured out what it's doing : It shows results for Terrestrial shows if they're currently on/showing - but not if they're in the future.....
I'd like to search future shows in order to record them.