Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Peeling Off

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 02:35 PM)
UpsetSams_ngCustomer
First Poster
Options

I am a very upset Samsung customer. I have always liked Samsung and now I am very disappointed. We bought our beautiful 65” 8K Samsung TV four months ago. We noticed the screen bubbling up at the top left corner. We thought we hadn’t taken the protective film off.  We had it professionally hung above our mantle. It peeled off almost halfway across the tv and then the plastic film came off. It still had half of it on the screen. We were very careful when doing this. It came off so easily. There is no way a $2000 tv would be so cheaply made we thought. The tv now had pixelated lines on the side and bottom of the screen. We called Samsung and they IMMEDIATELY deemed this physical damage caused by us. They had me send a picture of the tv with my cellphone and text it to them. Five minutes later, they claim it was escalated and deemed as physical damage. Totally disgusted and upset I had no choice but to hang up and then tell my husband that they were blaming us. The next day we contacted Costco and they said it was still under the manufacturing warranty and Samsung should take care of it. We felt defeated. After working all weekend, I came home to a completely black and blinking screen. We noticed that the bottom right and top left corners were burning hot. It was literally melting. It even messed up our Roku stick. I feel vindicated knowing that we did not cause this to happen to our tv. It is something wrong with the tv. It should not melt from the inside out. Waiting to hear back from Samsung to hopefully make it right. This is a $2000 tv that we had professionally mounted for $400 only 4 months ago. I can’t imagine we are the only ones having this problem. It makes me sick thinking they don’t want to help us. They should send a technician to observe the tv in person so they can see that it is a manufacturing issue. Now we sit here with a completely broken tv blinking and melted. Come on Samsung!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@UpsetSams_ngCustomer: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. You did the right thing by reaching out to the Support Team in your region, and if the set is less than 12 months old then you will be able to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device for any potential manufacturing defects. They will have a process in place for instances such as this, therefore if you made them aware of the situation, and what you have experienced, then they will be able to progress this accordingly. 

0 Likes
UpsetSams_ngCustomer
First Poster
Options

I haven’t heard from anyone. Please schedule someone to inspect or whatever you need to do so we can resolve this. We are without a tv now because this one does not have a picture currently. Please help

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@UpsetSams_ngCustomer: Sadly I am unable to progress your query from this position, as I am based in the UK. Samsung take matters of customer safety very seriously, so if you are based in the US then please reach out to the Support Team in your region via the link below, and make them aware of the issue, and an advisor will be able to get this escalated for you. 

Contact Us | Official Samsung Support US

0 Likes
Members_jN9UTtP
First Poster
Options

I got the same thing on my 85 inch - 1 year old tv((

0 Likes
Members_53Ir600
First Poster
Options

I have this issue now on my "top of the range" 65" the screen has developed a tunnel where the screen is coming off and its happening in other areas.  I'm facebooking with with Samsung who claim its physical damage so it's not covered by the guarantee and tell me that the consumer rights act only applies to where you purchased the tv..... I purchased it directly from Samsung!   A tv costing more than £4500 should not start to fall apart after just 3 years of normal use and Samsung just seems to want to pass the buck!

0 Likes