Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen merroring no longer works

(Topic created on: 18-01-2021 09:51 PM)
Y-D
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have ua40j5500 for the last 5 years, screen merroring used to work fine, but since 1st January 2021 I can no longer connect any of my devices. Non of the devices cannot find the tv. TV is connected to the same wifi. No problem to case from device to TV, like YouTube or Netflix.

Sometimes I found that the screen mirroring menu is disabled and only enabled after I turn off and on the TV, but even then no luck to mirror. 

Again, this is only after January 1st 2021!!!

Any help please??? 

Maybe bug with current latest version? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
flipit
Apprentice
Options
my s20fe is the same, I'm waiting for Samsung resolution team to get back to me as my son has identical phone and his works
Y-D
Apprentice
Options

Hi Flipit, I have 3 different mobile devices and none if them finds the TV. 

If you hear from them, please let me know what their answer is. 

0 Likes
flipit
Apprentice
Options
HI Y had samsung technical log on to my phone and the upshot was it's to do with android 11. Can't revert to 10 so no fix available. I believe some s20 phones do work. and the reason for this is that some are built using different components. I'm not a tech so only know what I've been told. Samsung dispute resolution team should be calling me this week to sort it out. As I see it I bought a new phone online from Samsung, it doesn't work and it can't be fixed. so I believe I can try a new phone and see if it works
0 Likes
Y-D
Apprentice
Options

Hi Flipit,

Thank you for informing me.

Unfortunately, since I have 3 different mobiles and non of them use Android v.11 (one is even using Android 10), I'm sure that the problem on my side is with the TV itself and not the mobiles. Also, all 3 stopped connecting at the same time, so probably a TV / TV version issue.

0 Likes