Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps dimming/brighten ONLY when watching movies?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2020 06:23 PM)
DanteFalk
First Poster
Options

(What I mean with dimming is that issue where stuff like subtitles brighten the whole screen if you’re watching a dark scene. Very annoying.)

My PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are all on PC mode, and when I play games I have no problems with the auto-dimming thing. It’s completely turned off. But when I put a blu-ray movie in my PS4 or Xbox, it dims/brightens the picture automatically. It’s as if the blu-ray player in these consoles are on another, separate source? Like the PC mode setting doesn’t apply?

I’ve also tried a 4K blu-ray player, and it has the same issue. If I’m on the player’s home menu in PC mode, there’s no dimming, but as soon as I start up a movie, it gets going...

The weird thing is that I tried using an older, regular blu-ray player, and it has none of these issues! No dimming. What the hell? Anyone know what is going on, and if it’s fixable? Otherwise I guess I’ll have to keep using this player.

1 REPLY 1
Jungkook313
First Poster
Options

Literally me rn 😫 I had to buy another one today worst mistake I ever made for trying to watch a movie on my Xbox. Never again am I ever gonna use a movie app on Xbox 😭

0 Likes