Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen going Black on my new QE65QN800A

(Topic created on: 27-08-2021 12:54 PM)
S391
First Poster
Options

My new 8k QE65QN800A

Problem is that TV screen is keep going black for a few seconds at a time. Very frustrating as you miss parts of the programme you are watching.

Is there a problem with this TV.  I Have got new 8k HDMI leads, New Sky Q TV box.

I don't know what to try now.  Any Ideas? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jezbud
First Poster
Options
Try disabling hdmi cec in your settings. Had this issue on my last 3 samsung tvs 😁
0 Likes
declankh
Journeyman
Options

I tried this, it doesn’t help.

0 Likes
Roger28
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get a resolution.  I have a new 

SAMSUNG 65 NEO QLED QN800 8K TV and the same thing happens.  I blamed my Fetch box at first but its the tv I think.   It all worked perfectly with my 8 year old HD and it was a samsung.  

0 Likes
S391
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have not managed to get an answer to the problem. 

I cannot use the TV above 8 bit because it just goes black intermittently on the screen. 

The whole point of me purchasing this QE65QN800 8K Model TV, was to use 10 bit for an amazing picture experience as promised. Total waste of £3,500 and Samsung customer service is a waste of time. 

I even got a brand new Sky Q box to rule out any problems. 

This definitely made any initial enjoyment of purchasing this TV feel like a nightmare, after spending hour upon hour trying to get a resolution on the phone to Samsung.

Also John Lewis was an absolute joke.  They would not deal with the problem as I had called Samsung Technical Helpline before them.  Even though I was still within 30 day period since the delivery.

Wished I had never got this TV. 

I will never buy a Samsung TV or shop @ John Lewis again

Hope you get the answer to your question.

0 Likes
Kiimeth
First Poster
Options

Has anybody found a fix for this? Ours was doing it occasionally and one one blackout at a time. Now it is repeatedly blinking, timing is a lot like human blinking which is really irritating. Initially blamed our Apple TV and bought a fire tv but does it there too. Dried checking hdmi ports/cables etc. with no improvement.

If we reach behind (hard because of wall mounting) and jiggle the cord, it stops for a few hours but always returns 

0 Likes