Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Screen Goes Black For a Second Or So At Random When Using HDMI4

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 07:03 AM)
Dave2112
Apprentice
Options

I've got a Samsung QE55Q90TATXXU. 

I have my PC connected to HDMI4, as I like to use Film Maker mode when watching movies.

The screen goes black for a second or so at random. Sometimes when I switch to this input, the screen randomly goes black several times then stops and then sometimes it doesn't? Also, the period of screen blackness is getting slightly longer, it was just less than a second at first. 

If I plug the PC into HDMI1, then this issue does NOT occur at all.

Any suggestions?

The software version is 

T-NKMDEUC-2200.9, B0052210/A70902,BT - S

5 REPLIES 5
Middletr
Student
Options

Also having the same issue using the hdmi 4 (game mode) with xbox series s on my qn90a. Sorry I can't help, hopefully we can get an answer soon!

Middletr
Student
Options

I actually found a solution for the xbox/qn90a which may work for you. I had to use a better, 8k ultra high speed hdmi and then it worked. Hope this helps

0 Likes
Dave2112
Apprentice
Options

The TV Did a software update to version 2303. I started using HDMI4 yesterday and the issue is NOT fixed

0 Likes
Solution
Dave2112
Apprentice
Options

Fixed, Fixed.  Samsung remotely connected to the TV and  did a load of background stuff. I then did a factory reset and changed the cable. It NOW works

0 Likes
supertl
First Poster
Options

i have same issue, can u remotely connect and fix? been going for a few months. bought 1 x 32" M70A UHD, USB-C Smart Monitor

0 Likes