Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen flickers when playing HDR content.

(Topic created on: 03-01-2022 09:31 AM)
cjgagliardi
Apprentice
Options

I have a 55" NU6900 smasung tv, purchased in 2018. The TV will flicker to black and back to content when the output of the Roku Ultra is selected to 4kHDR or auto. If 4k or lower is selected as output, no flickering occurs. Recently the roku HDCP error screen has appeared (error 020). 

I am posting to the Samsung forum because changing the Roku, the cable, the power cords doesn't affect the issue and it still persists given the above parameters. 

I have talked to Samsung tech support over the phone and they claim it must be the roku (even after all those  changes and the only common denominator is the TV). 

I am at a loss as to what to do next. It has been an issue for nearly as long as I have had the TV and I wholly admit I should have gone the warranty eiute to begin with, but that is no longer a possibility. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
cjgagliardi
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for the link! Unfortunately I had come across that thread and as such previously tried all those suggestions.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
One thing in the article that interested me was that the HDCP error is the cause. Have you tried the Roku forums for support?
0 Likes
cjgagliardi
Apprentice
Options

I have also reached out to Roku support directly and should hear back today. I will surely update If that route gets it solved or provides more info. 

0 Likes