Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Fault with 55" Q700T QLED 8K HDR Smart TV (2020)

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 09:46 AM)
Kim43
Student
Options

Can anyone offer advice if they have had the same issue with the Q7000T QLED 8K TV screen.  The TV is less than 2 years old and I have already had the screen replaced once under warranty.  It has broke again and now Samsung are expecting me to pay to have it replaced which is outrageous as the Support Engineer has confirmed that Samsung issued a bulletin in January  to say the television screens were faulty and would need replacing. 

Has anyone had similar issues with this fault and had it repaired outside of the 12 warranty period?

34 REPLIES 34
spaceminkey
First Poster
Options
I have had 3 new screens fitted in the first year and now the TV is 13 and half months old and is being fitted with a 4th screen next week... I contacted 0330 7261009 and they have assured me that next time they will replace the TV with a new model..
0 Likes
Kim43
Student
Options

Good to know, thank you for the reply.  They want to charge me to have the second screen fitted as I am out of warranty.  However I dont want to pay for something that may need to be constantly need to be replaced. 

0 Likes
Acm11
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same issue, screen replaced after ten months and now gone again 10 months later. Currently going pillar to post trying to get it sorted as out of warranty and not paying for an inherent fault! Awaiting a call from the 3rd department I’ve been through now.

0 Likes
Rizwan Saleem
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, paid an engineer £65 told the crystal is away would cost an additional £511.75 to fix, told this is a known issue due to poor build quality of these televisions, trying to pass the buck to Currys, who pass the back to Samsung, Sale of Goods Act states goods must last a reasonable amount of time, ie 5 years, escalated to Samsung Customer complaints, is like speaking to robots, 20 year customer that is about to leave Samsung for good, if this is not resolved, and no I do not want something repaired that has known issues that will break down again

0 Likes
Jan980
Student
Options
I'm having the same issue. Screen was replaced last year and this year same thing about to start my battle with Samsung. This is so unacceptable 😤
Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue too, 1st screen replaced in Jan 22, and has failed again. I have a 5 year guarantee on the tv, but do not want a repair I want a replacement tv. I like many of you have had many samsung tvs and never has one ever had a fault, and those at 10 years plus still live on in relatives homes. This is the worst TV I have ever had.

Jan980
Student
Options
Samsung denied my claim, stating warranty expired, I only had 1yr warranty. I hope you get better luck getting a replacement 🙏🏾
Julieta99
Journeyman
Options

Thank you Jan, it is just so unacceptable when a manufacturer knows there is a problem and they don't accept liability. I will let you know how I get on.

CB92
Journeyman
Options
This is a faulty model. I've had 2 screen replacements on mine. The latest lasting 9 months. I've contacted them but they are yet to reply. I won't be accepting another screen, I'll be asking for another model.
0 Likes