Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Satellite Receiver or no Satellite Receiver

(Topic created on: 06-05-2023 10:11 AM)
oldbuffer
Apprentice
Options

Hi, could anyone please confirm whether or not my Samsung Q70AAA65TV smart tv has a built-in satellite receiver. There are two LNB inputs at the rear which suggests it does but the satellite setup is greyed out and I cant find it as an input source. Are these LNB sockets for real or for this particular  tv model  have no function? Please advise

many thanks

PT

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
oldbuffer
Apprentice
Options

Problem solved - dish blown out of kilter, hence no  signal. Realigned and all OK, except maybe I've latched on to a neighbouring satellite instead of the one designated for Freesat. I now have over 1700 channels to wade through and none of the ones I want is where it's supposed to be. Will have another some other time.

Cheers

PT.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I couldn't find that exact model number but Q70a tvs have freesat tuners. Perhaps satellite is greyed out until connected to a dish.
0 Likes
oldbuffer
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the confirmation. Actually both LNB cables are already connected so its beginning to look like I have a dish/cable problem. However, at least I now know where to start investigating.

Once again many thanks

Solution
oldbuffer
Apprentice
Options

Problem solved - dish blown out of kilter, hence no  signal. Realigned and all OK, except maybe I've latched on to a neighbouring satellite instead of the one designated for Freesat. I now have over 1700 channels to wade through and none of the ones I want is where it's supposed to be. Will have another some other time.

Cheers

PT.

0 Likes