Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung YouTube app not playing videos above 720p

(Topic created on: 21-11-2020 06:01 PM)
Ak2030
Apprentice
Options
Noticed this recently. Any videos on YouTube which is uploaded with 60fps refresh rate, the resolution on TV is maxed out to only 720p. Videos on YouTube which isn't uploaded with 60fps and on 4k, the video plays in max resolution.
The TV is Samsung UE65JU7500. 
Any advise on how to fix this will be highly appreciated. 
Thanks 
28 REPLIES 28
Arbafelix92
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem, it's the same model and I noticed the problem a week ago. I tried to restart the TV several times and connect to another Internet LAN or WiFi but always the same. What I noticed is that I have the same problem on the Nexbox A95X Android Box on the official YouTube app. Since I am from Croatia, I contacted support with us and they told me that the problem was with the YouTube application. If anyone has solutions to the problem bothering a colleague in the post above, they would be grateful to get in touch.

romannov
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my  Samsung UN65JU6500 after about a week ago it received an update. YouTube is locking me at 720p, while other streaming apps like Netflix run perfectly fine. It does sound like a problem on YouTube app's end. I can pull up a video in 1080 on my Galaxy phone, but when I cast it to the TV it downgrades to 720p and wont let it go back up to 1080.

Arbafelix92
Journeyman
Options

It's the same problem for me. The problem is in the video which is at 60fps. No one has responded from Samsung yet and YouTube has not corrected the problem. If anyone knows what the email from YouTube is I am willing to write them an email.

0 Likes
Arbafelix92
Journeyman
Options

I have now posted a YouTube comment and you can do the same at: https://www.youtube.com/tv/feedback

Neral
First Poster
Options

UE55JU7000, same problem, youtube only 720p.

Netflix works fine. Youtube through ps4 also works correctly - 1080p.

0 Likes
Ak2030
Apprentice
Options
Samsung really should support older devices. People generally don't buy new TVs every 2 years so they should really provide software updates for atleast 10 years for high end TVs atleast.
Arbafelix92
Journeyman
Options
YouTube needs to correct the error .... it happens with videos shot at 60fps, those shot at 30fps are ok. Write a message to YouTube to know at: https://www.youtube.com/tv/feedback The problem is this is not from Samsung but from the YouTube or Yo
0 Likes
Ak2030
Apprentice
Options
Did anyone find any solution to this?
Felikz
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with UE65xxxx model. Wtf I am paying premium subscription to get 720p?

0 Likes