Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 16-05-2021 11:02 AM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options
TV

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

154 REPLIES 154
rediscaraj
First Poster
Options
TV

Got my dolbt vision tv set here  it was really good quality

0 Likes
luis_j10
Apprentice
Options
TV

This is the first and last Samsung TV I will ever buy. (Yesterday) I found out that, to rub salt into the wound, Samsung TVs can't output Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ native app. I spoke with Disney+ customer service and got told that my set (Samsung 65Q70R) isn't in the list of compatible devices that can stream Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ app, even though my set is capable of outputing Dolby Atmos. In march 2020, when I first bought my set, I had the option to spend $350 more for an LG Oled 55B9PUA, but I was persistent on buying a 65 inch TV. How I wish I had made that choice. Not only 65 inches was too big for my bedroom (yes, contrary to what most sites say, you can indeed go ''too big'') but I also can't watch movies in Dolby Vision, I have no HDMI 2.1 and now I find that I also can't stream Dolby Atmos in the Disney+ app. Give me a break, Samsung!!. My Sonos Arc purchase feels like a complete waste.

Stay away from Samsung TVs. In my next purchase, I will definitely go LG.

1.png2.png

savcy
Journeyman
Options
TV

When a TV set with a MSRP of $1300 (HISENSE 65 U8G), that does have DV, goes head to head with a flagship TV from Samsung with a MSRP of $2600 (65 QN90A) and in many cases beats the Samsung on picture quality and processing, Samsung has much more serious problems than the lack of DV. And I won’t go into the reviews the other sets in Samsung’s 2021 range have received (decent, poor, downgrade?!!!) or the arbitrary use of ADS (IPS) panels depending on the model number or screen size.

Samsung needs to wake up but, personally, I have given up on them.

Infamy
Journeyman
Options
TV

I completely agree. Even after my earlier post around DV ruling out Samsung for me, all the other vendors this year all had some issue that I felt would be a compromise in some way so I figured DV was pretty minor compared to some of the other vendors. In the end I had my eye on an 85" QN800A... until the reviews came in... and even then for the QN900A was just as bad. Samsung are more focussed on big ticket specs like 8K, but then can't get the processing right to make 8k look good. Given that the QN90A is at least competitive, it's one I'd consider, but they aren't releasing the 85" model in Australia because they are trying to push people at the top end into the 8k models... which aren't actually their best screens *tearing hair out at this stage*

Then you see the results come out from the new Hisense model (that isn't even their flagship) outperforming the best Samsung screen for the year at half the price... then Samsung is just completely out of the picture for me now.

At this rate I'm set on a 77" LG G1, but will see how the rest of the news from Hisense & TCL comes out over the next 2 months before I make a final call.

Marcoamor
First Poster
Options
TV

Buongiorno. Volevo acquistare QN90A no Dolby vision! No party! Peccato

0 Likes