Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 30-04-2021 07:24 AM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

162 REPLIES 162
rediscaraj
First Poster
Options

Got my dolbt vision tv set here  it was really good quality

0 Likes
luis_j10
Apprentice
Options

This is the first and last Samsung TV I will ever buy. (Yesterday) I found out that, to rub salt into the wound, Samsung TVs can't output Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ native app. I spoke with Disney+ customer service and got told that my set (Samsung 65Q70R) isn't in the list of compatible devices that can stream Dolby Atmos from the Disney+ app, even though my set is capable of outputing Dolby Atmos. In march 2020, when I first bought my set, I had the option to spend $350 more for an LG Oled 55B9PUA, but I was persistent on buying a 65 inch TV. How I wish I had made that choice. Not only 65 inches was too big for my bedroom (yes, contrary to what most sites say, you can indeed go ''too big'') but I also can't watch movies in Dolby Vision, I have no HDMI 2.1 and now I find that I also can't stream Dolby Atmos in the Disney+ app. Give me a break, Samsung!!. My Sonos Arc purchase feels like a complete waste.

Stay away from Samsung TVs. In my next purchase, I will definitely go LG.

1.png2.png

savcy
Journeyman
Options

When a TV set with a MSRP of $1300 (HISENSE 65 U8G), that does have DV, goes head to head with a flagship TV from Samsung with a MSRP of $2600 (65 QN90A) and in many cases beats the Samsung on picture quality and processing, Samsung has much more serious problems than the lack of DV. And I won’t go into the reviews the other sets in Samsung’s 2021 range have received (decent, poor, downgrade?!!!) or the arbitrary use of ADS (IPS) panels depending on the model number or screen size.

Samsung needs to wake up but, personally, I have given up on them.

Infamy
Journeyman
Options

I completely agree. Even after my earlier post around DV ruling out Samsung for me, all the other vendors this year all had some issue that I felt would be a compromise in some way so I figured DV was pretty minor compared to some of the other vendors. In the end I had my eye on an 85" QN800A... until the reviews came in... and even then for the QN900A was just as bad. Samsung are more focussed on big ticket specs like 8K, but then can't get the processing right to make 8k look good. Given that the QN90A is at least competitive, it's one I'd consider, but they aren't releasing the 85" model in Australia because they are trying to push people at the top end into the 8k models... which aren't actually their best screens *tearing hair out at this stage*

Then you see the results come out from the new Hisense model (that isn't even their flagship) outperforming the best Samsung screen for the year at half the price... then Samsung is just completely out of the picture for me now.

At this rate I'm set on a 77" LG G1, but will see how the rest of the news from Hisense & TCL comes out over the next 2 months before I make a final call.

Marcoamor
First Poster
Options

Buongiorno. Volevo acquistare QN90A no Dolby vision! No party! Peccato

savcy
Journeyman
Options

An old topic but since Samsung continues to be obstinate about DV, apparently shunning it for 2022 too, I thought I'd give an update.

I finally bought a Sony KD-55XH9505 for under 1000 euro last year. Very, very good picture, at times stunning, with an expansive sound in cinema mode, surprisingly efficient viewing angles and excellent reflection handling.

When it comes to DV content (all from Netflix for me) the subtlety in colour rendition is amazing. The set also allows watching in Vivid mode, which for other content I might give it a try, but I wouldn’t consider it for DV.

A note of caution: this is an android tv and IT IS TERRIBLE!!!! I don’t know if Sony has improved it in its newer sets but, honestly, they should be ashamed of putting on the market TVs with such a mess of an operating system.

100pat
Pioneer
Options

I swapped my Samsung for a Sony to get DV but I agree about the Android OS. The Samsung Tizen was better. My TV wakes up very roughly every 20 minutes, presumably trying to phone home. The screen stays off but I know because it wakes my optically connected sound bar and I’ve used a Watt meter on it. Nothing seems to stop it. Also they don’t tell you that if you use HDMI input (e.g. a streaming box) you can’t change the picture size ( e.g. zoom in for tennis) or the picture sharpness. KD-55XG9505

0 Likes
ChaosEmpire
Pioneer
Options

Maybe we shall start a petition

Buying a 11k € TV 85 inch qn900bm, capable of lot more than hdr10, and 12bits
and then no dolby vision support

this is like selling a ferrari without possi bility to turn left, only right

Brian H
First Poster
Options

Dear samsung, i know you realize by now you customers want dolby vision. I bought the s95c oled and i love it but hdr10 + is like the old hd dvd player bs blu ray. Dolby vision is blu ray in this scenario. Just swallow your pride already and sign with dolby vision. Also stop nerfing your panels just so people will by the newer models. It is seriosly terrible customer service. I swear if you guys nerf the s95c it will absolutely be the last samsung television i ever buy in my life and thats a promice. I had to go out and buy an apple tv because im to afraid to hook my s95c up to the internet, that is ridicolous. Firmware updates with lg and sony always make the picture better or get rid of bigs or add a new feature. You guys give firmware updates to nerf your older models. You guys will lose a ton of high end customers if you pull the ***** you did on the s95b oled i guerentee it. 

colingiles
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, anything I they to play through PLEX that has DV just will not play at all. Just a colorspace not supported error

Not one of my friends with crappier TVs has this issue

This is definitely the last Samsung TV I ever buy unless they get their ***** together