Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 10:31 AM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

162 REPLIES 162
Infamy
Journeyman
Options

I was going to buy a 75" Q90T this year, but was turned off by two factors, only 1 x HDMI 2.1 port and no Dolby Vision. I'm happy to wait until the 2021 models come out now, but if Samsung don't correct these two issues I have, then I'll just have to switch to another vendor. I already have an LG OLED in my house, but I don't want another one for my living room as it only looks it's best in a very dark room, the screen completely washes out when the sun shines through the window and the constant screen dimming to avoid burn in when using an app like Youtube drives me crazy. At night it looks amazing, but for my living room for more general purpose then I want something like the QLED which will suit the room better in all conditions.

I really like the Samsung products and it's my first preference for my next purchase, but I really don't understand how anyone can defend Samsung at this point on the Dolby Vision issue. Support all the HDR standards, especially the one with the most support from content providers, otherwise you are not acting on behalf of the interests of the consumer and that will lose you a sale from me instantly. The big one is now that the Xbox Series X is going to support Dolby Vision, with Samsung TVs not offering support for the standard with this announcement, then it's just the nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Hipis_1
Explorer
Options

I don't want to wait 10-12 months for uncertain DV in Samsung, so probably I'll buy Sony soon. 

Infamy
Journeyman
Options

The models were announced in March this year then started getting released from April, so it would be more like a 5 month wait to see what the 2021 specifications are, not 12. Unless you want to buy something before Christmas of course.

0 Likes
Fozz01
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat. I'm eyeing off the 65Q95T but the lack of DV is a deal killer. So disappointing as Q80+ are head and shoulders above the competition but their inability to read the tea leaves and see DV has won the race to HDR content. Get on board and I would buy today,

TheMainPlott
Apprentice
Options

Holding off on a QN85Q90T unless they add in Dolby Vision.

Alessandro1910
Explorer
Options

I just ordered a Q60T for my bedroom. While I was aware of Samsung didn't support DV, I wasn't of Samsung Tvs tend to massively misunderstand Netflix and Disney's HDR streaming.

After thoroughly read this thread I'm beyond frustrated and disappointed with my purchase.

I know Sony, a few years ago, rolled out a firmware update to enable DV on the brand's TVs. Well, I'd definetely pay an extra in order to get Samsung make the same on its brand new QSERIES.

ragina
Student
Options

Have bought Samsung tv series 4 (2020) from amazon Awsome  i like it.

It provides you with some of the best handpicked vertical or small monitors recommended by us.

0 Likes
xlguru
Apprentice
Options

I'd buy that!

2018 82" Q6F

0 Likes
xlguru
Apprentice
Options

I'll be in the market for a new set in 2021. If Samsung doesn't add DV I'll be looking at a different vendor.

xlguru
Apprentice
Options

https://www.engadget.com/xbox-series-x-dolby-atmos-vision-120027655.html 

Maybe this will push Samsung to update the firmware in existing models with a Dolby Vision flash. I have a 2018 82" Q6F...