Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 02:41 PM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

162 REPLIES 162
AntonioC3
First Poster
Options

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
nik_ger
Journeyman
Options

Again no DV 😕

MW1987
Explorer
Options

Samsung will never get dolby vision

Crowlaw
Apprentice
Options

What is even worse on my Samsung Q90r 82 inch is they went back on their word and didn't add eArc via a firmware update, not to mention no DV.

I just ordered a 77 inch e series OLED from LG, and I am excited for it to arrive.  I do all my viewing mostly on Netflix and Disney Plus for the kids.  I already dropped buying Samsung Phones for OnePlus, now saying good buy to Samsung TVs.  

Andy76
Student
Options

So long Samsung.  Just got a Sony 75x950g to replace my old UN75H7150.  Dolby Vision is stunning on the Sony!

A2myke
First Poster
Options

I was looking to get a new TV 75" or larger and was zeroing in on a QLED when I noticed that it does not support DV. While I am one to support open and no fee standards, I would at least like the option. I do not like that DV is fee based. However, it is the more prevalent standard at this point for me and the content that I use. I think Samsung higher end sets should have it either by default or as an option we can pay for to have enabled. Otherwise I will NOT be getting a Samsung.

MHR1
Apprentice
Options

Was about to buy a Samsung TV, but I see they still don't support Dolby Vision. Incredibly short sighted for Samsung. Most of the streaming services I like to watch look amazing in DV, and I don't want to give that up. So I WILL NOT be buying Samsung TV's (hope Samsung is listening - someone please write all their executives a letter getting them to read this thread), as long as they refuse to support what the people want, and what most major streaming services support.

manuel82
Student
Options

I always had Samsung TVs since the beginning of LCD displays. I just bought a Q85R 2019 Samsung and returned it after reading this thread. I have to admit, I believed Netflix etc. supported both HDR+ and DV, I should have informed myself better that HDR+ and HDR10 are not the same thing. Also, I didn't realize that I have a lot of DTS Blu Rays as my previous Samsung from 2017 supported the format.

I don't see a point buying a 4x4 car if the software does only allow me to go 2x4. Now I will be ordering a C9 LG OLED, although I prefer Samsung's design.

I'd be happy to pay for DV and DTS support, but given 2020 models will still not support those standards, I need to look elsewhere.

So long Samsung, see you again once your Premium TVs support the required standards for my day-to-day use.

locome
First Poster
Options

today i purchased but 1 hour after reading no DV I canceled the order I placed with Amazon.

65" Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA Q70 QLED 4K order CANCELED.  wow Samsung really bad move on DV.    Great TV but it is only paperweight with no DV. 

Soul_
Pioneer
Options

@locome wrote:

today i purchased but 1 hour after reading no DV I canceled the order I placed with Amazon.

65" Samsung QN65Q70RAFXZA Q70 QLED 4K order CANCELED.  wow Samsung really bad move on DV.    Great TV but it is only paperweight with no DV. 

Good thing is that our freinds and families use us as tech guides. I have mentioned the same to people I know, two of them returned Q90R, and one Q80R 75" order cancelled. They ended up purchasing Sony or LG. And they were absolutely astounded at how big of an impact it made for the Netflix and Disney+ content for them in comparison to their samsung that was returned.

Till Samsung provides DV, I am going to continue warning the ones I know.