Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung, you have to introduce dolby vision

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 03:40 PM)
Benrc
Journeyman
Options

This is ridiculous. DV is taking off and your lack of support does nothung but hurt your customers.

How about you lead the way and put your customers before some ***** fisted marketing strategy? 

162 REPLIES 162
Randy-312
Journeyman
Options
Never mind, just bought the Vizio.
And a Google phone while I was at it. Dumped the Galaxy.

No more Samsung ecosystem for me!
nik_ger
Journeyman
Options

What do you guys think? Will Samsung announce DV at CES 2020 or are there any rumors?

0 Likes
savcy
Journeyman
Options

Guys, for those that have watched a DV program on a QLED Samsung and a DV capable OLED set, what are your impressions?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@nik_ger wrote:

What do you guys think? Will Samsung announce DV at CES 2020 or are there any rumors?

Samsung unlikely to introduce Dolby vision soon with the focus on HDR10+, Amazon Prime support the format and Universal made a commitment to release both new and back-catalog titles in HDR10+.  

In a recent interview  the  Vice President of Samsung's  Research America’s Digital Media Solutions Lab talked about future plans stating  "HDR10+ is set to revolutionize not only TV viewing experiences for users, but potentially also cinematic experiences. Starting with HDR10+ technologies, we are currently working to understand the needs of filmmakers, post-production facilities and studios in order to help post-production workflows and future generations of displays provide even more capabilities and options to consumers and the media industry.”

https://news.samsung.com/global/interview-two-years-on-how-samsung-has-brought-immersive-viewing-exp... 

Thus far only  TV speculation I've heard  on CES 2020 includes  Dual LED,zero Bezel and Infinity screen Technology plus advanced AI Deep Learning in the 8k sets.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MHR1
Apprentice
Options

This news actually makes me sad. I have so many DV sources (streaming and 4k blu ray), that if this is the direction  that Samsung is going (because the VP did not even mention DV) , makes me want to avoid any Samsung devices. It is too bad they cannot support DV. I predict they will be loosing market share because of this. I will certainly not be buying Samsung anymore. I was about to buy a $3,000 Samsung TV. Not anymore.

Geno
Student
Options

It would be nice if Samsung would  lead the way in all HDR formats. Maybe like Panasonic GZ 2000 I'm a Samsung owner and like my Samsung TVs but I want the best picture possible my newest Samsung is the Q8FN so in another year I'll be looking to buy another set maybe even sooner be nice to have a Samsung that supported all formatsJust my two cents

0 Likes
Geno
Student
Options

MHR I would agree Samsung will lose business unless other streaming networks like Netflix an Apple TV or Disney decide to support HDR 10+ I'm not sure of DC universe or the new HBO service what HDR formats they will support there's gonna be a lot of online services for your streaming dollar out there be nice to have a Samsung that supported all HDR formats

savcy
Journeyman
Options

Most people only have access to 4k thru streaming services and for most countries that only leaves Netflix. Amazon, Apple and Disney+ come nowhere near reaching the globe like Netflix. And that means DV, especially for new content.

Paying serious money for a set means you want top picture quality. So, why would or should I consider getting  a Samsung if most of my viewing is for Netflix?  

Twistedemotions
First Poster
Options

Well so much for Samsung for me.  Trying repeat HD-DVD.

MarkeiMark
First Poster
Options

I really like the Samsung Q series tv's, they are stunning!!! I am in the market for a new TV, at moment I am looking at the Samsung Q8's & Q9's and then the LG OLED's. There is one factor that is really shifting my mind to the LG OLED's, because of Dolby Vision. I wish Samsung will change their minds on the format, because their tv's are really good, especially the Q9's!!! It will be a no  brainer for me if Samsung had Dolby Vision, because I would buy their tv's in a heartbeat!!!

Please Samsung reconsider your stans on Dolby Vision, there is really a lot of people out their that will buy your Tv's if it has Dolby Vision!!!  So at the moment for me it will be the LG OLED's!!!