Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung won't honour warranty

(Topic created on: 01-07-2017 06:18 PM)
GAT
First Poster
Options

I have bought a Samsung TV (40'' KU6020 6 Series UHD HDR Smart TV) in December 2016 arrived in January 2017.

The TV does not work and has issues with the aerial . To be able to watch TV I have to press the back of the TV. I have made a video and shared the issue with the support centre's Twitter account. 

Samsung's support centre has asked me to bring the TV to their own authorised repair centre. The repair centre has changed the TV's motherboard. However, such 'repair' has not solved the issue. In order to watch TV, I still have to press on the back of the television. If I don't press, the screen is pixelated and with no clear image (video available on request and online).

I have re-contacted Samsung Support via twitter and phone and they apparently are unable to have their own repair centre send them the details of the repair. They have asked me to phone the repair centre. I have done that and the repair centre says that they have sent an email but never received any answer.

It is not my responsibility that Samsung is unable to communicate with its own repair centre. Everything I know is that Samsung is not honouring their own warranty. For all I know, they are using a delay strategy to have the warranty expire.  This is highly unfair and I will make sure that everyone knows and obviously never again buy anything remotely linked to Samsung. 

However, I still want my issue resolved and will go through legal actions if necessary. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @GAT.

Hopefully we can get this situation sorted for you. Sent you a PM. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
GAT
First Poster
Options
I have replied to your PM. People have been telling this to me regularly for the last two months. The TV is still faulty. :smiling-face:
0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes