Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung wall bracket for UE32M5520

(Topic created on: 13-01-2018 08:33 AM)
EKlose4444
Student
Options

I purchased a new TV (UE32M5520) and the official Samsung ultra slim wall mount mural ultra fin (WMN100A) which I am told is suitable for my TV.  To date I have battled to find a way to attach the  TV mount element to the TV itself as none of the supplied screws  seems to fit into the supplied holes behind the TV.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
sweeneypat
First Poster
Options

I too have just got this TV which I can't find screws to wall mount it. The manual suggests m4x45 mm but these are proving difficult to find. Did you have any success?

0 Likes
Solution
EKlose4444
Student
Options

Bought these on Amazon for £1.94 - search for "HANDLE SCREWS M4 Fixings for Kitchen Bedroom Handles and select 10.45mm length and quality.  Hope this helps.

Graeme76
First Poster
Options

I’ve had the same problem and yet to resolve. 

I purchased the TV from John Lewis today who were able to recommend a compatible wall mount.

This is not the case. Main challenge is that the back of the TV is curved, meaning you need longer screws for the bottom of the TV fixing and shorter for the top. 

The TV manual appears to recommend M4 / 43-45mm. These are too long by a considerable margin. M4 / 25mm are fine for the top but too short for the bottom.

Clearly it’s a case of finding the optimum screw length, but I don’t want to risk trial & error that risks damaging the TV itself. 

Samsung, can you help? 

0 Likes
sweeneypat
First Poster
Options
I ended up cutting M4 75mm screws to 43mm. (All 4 screws). Did the job fine as I got nowhere with Samsung. I used a hacksaw and smoothed out the last mm with a little bench grinder. I'd say a small file would be just as good. 
Have you used the little black plastic spacers? This might be why the 43 seem very long? Just be careful not to overtighten!!!!
Sorry I can't help further. Amazon had M4 X 45 screws I think but wouldn't ship to me
0 Likes
Solution
marconroy
First Poster
Options

Hi there.. im probably a little late with my reply but i have just bought the UE32M5520 and am now encountering the same problems as yourself! it took me a while to figure it out as the instructions in the manual were pretty useless... infuriates me when you get a full page dedicated to putting the batteries in the remote control and practically nothing on how to attatch the wall bracket! anyway after much head scratching i realised that the odd fitting wall mount adaptors [supplied with tv] do fit in the back of the tv the way they do for a good reason.. because of the way the back of the TV is curved, when these are fitted they neutralize the curve making the back of the TV level to fit the bracket.. That sounds a little complicated when reading it but it will work..this is when you will need the 45mm screws that are not supplied.. i have read where people are cutting down screws to fit the top holes.. this would imply that they are not using the adaptors which sounds wrong? anyway im off in search of 45 mm screws.. i will be a bit nervous in the worry that the screw might go in to far? hopefully this wont be the case   Anyhow hope this post is of use to someone out there!  

hawker
First Poster
Options

TV did not come with wall mount adaptors or screws. How can I obtain the correct adaptors?

0 Likes
hawker
First Poster
Options

No adaptors sullpied with tv. Where can I obtain these?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @hawker. Take a look at these links for Samsung's verified third party retailers:

4OurHouse

Partmaster

eSpares

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes