Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Update 1402.6 - Game Mode still broken with HDMI 2.1 GPUs (RTX 3090)

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 06:30 PM)
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

GREAT NEWS GUYS !

I`ve been in touch with Nvidia technical support regarding the VRR issue with my Q800T and RTX 3090 on the HDMI 2.1 port,
They sent me hotfix drivers (that they released afterwards on 29/10/2020) 
Nvidia driver version: 457.09

All of my VRR issues are now gone,  Game Mode and G-sync are working excellent now !!

Issue that I experienced in the spoiler below:

Spoiler
 I have no clue why the mods DELETED my previous thread regarding this topic.

I`m owner of 75 inch Q800T and RTX 3090.

Long story short - Game Mode does not work with this GPU when using the HDMI 2.1 port of the TV (works only on the HDMI 2.0 ports)

Here is a video showcase of the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrFPeg4qDlc&feature=youtu.be

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
jayh89
Helping Hand
Options

I do hope this isn’t something that affects the PS5 as I’m getting that on day 1. Same goes for any xbox users. 

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

It will effect next gen consoles for sure. I would say these ports haven't been tested with HDMI 2.1 sources and now they're available problems are cropping up.

I'm slowly losing my patience, i'm so close to ordering an LG CX. I will give Samsung until end of November to sort.

0 Likes
Suriya
Voyager
Options

Hopefully samsung should tested the new firmware with upcoming consoles for a better handshake between devices. I think this is something related to Nvidia adapter with samsung TV.

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

There's also this video with issues with 2.1 source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBc_qmA3nx4

0 Likes
Suriya
Voyager
Options

Can you try turning off GM PLUS and turn on game-mode?

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

That will be hard for them to do because they weren't available when they made the TV. They will need to get their hands on next gen console before they can fix.

0 Likes
RouDeR
Pathfinder
Options

There is no GM Plus in 120hz 

0 Likes
ad1994
Pioneer
Options

Forgive me, what is HGIG? And on contrast enhancer, RTings suggest it being in high. Would you recommend turning it off for games? 

I'm trying to update the TV now but it doesn't seem to be having it. Keeps saying that there is no update available - is anyone aware of a way to force the update?

0 Likes
josfx
First Poster
Options

Any update with this?

I'm shocked about Samsung deleting a thread that had a lot of posts with this problem.

I was going to buy a 65Q80T this weekend for the xbox series X in one month. To be able to play 4K120...

But now, I'm quitting from buying 2020 models.

Both Samsung and LG have problems with HDMI 2.1 implementation

However, LG does not delete threads with their problems. They just acknowledge them and they try to fix them via software.

Too bad Samsung!

0 Likes