Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung universal remote

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 09:45 AM)
Members_4JEzY6U
First Poster
Options
  • Recently purchased samsung smart tv and set up with my humax freesat box. All worked fine and also had the remote set up to control both tv and humax box.  Then last week the remote stopped operating the humax box.

I have reset everything on both tv and humax but I just can't get humax to respond to samsung tv remote.

Its really frustrating! Any ideas please!

10 REPLIES 10
Odeceus91
Student
Options
Yes I originally had a kitsound ovation which I loved. Was gutted when it wouldn't get recognised by the samsung tv. I phoned currys who advised I needed to buy a new soundbar that was compatible. I bought a Sony HT-X8500 as it matched my needs and it worked for a while on initial setup but after a factory reset to get the humax connected it lost all function despite having an eARC port which I was told is essential to send signals back and forth to the soundbar via hdmi.
Eventually sent tv back first. Bought a 55inch oled LG which was brilliant. Quickly learned the soundbar wasn't functioning as it should. eARC hdmi connected to eARC port on LG tv and still no volume control function.
sent the soundbar back to currys and hooked up my original soundbar the KS ovation and hey presto.
Will avoid shopping with currys again for sure, unfortunately they refunded me via gift card so I am forced to use currys again in the future or say goodbye to £300
0 Likes