Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UHD 4k half screen in black

(Topic created on: 25-04-2021 02:01 PM)
Petrymed
Explorer
Options

Hello , I am from Roumania and I a have a problem with my tv , since yestarday my tv went crazy, I still have 1 year waranty but I hope I can do something by myself to fix it. I uploaded a picture so you can see my tv's problem.20191026_193727.jpg

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
Did they repair it at your home?
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
My smart TV went all dark on righthand side like the above photo. I contacted Samsung via live chat and I send a pic of it and my receipt of pop. They are giving me a curtsey repair which im very thankful and happy. They are coming to collect it tomorrow. Hopefully I will have it back next week. Anyone wanting to know how to get intouch with Samsung just Google samlive chat. They will help you.
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
Just posting an update. They collected my TV today. Apparently they said the back light has gone.
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
The photo you posted was had the same problem with my TV . Your back light has gone. You need to contact Samsung either bysam live chat or thier department.
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
Update! My Samsung TV was sent for repair two nearly 2 weeks ago. Apparently its the motherboard and back light that went. Really a Samsung TV should last. So no TV yet.
0 Likes
Reeemer
Student
Options

Mine just did this, too. Right side is black. Model is UN55NU7100. It's only a couple of years old. 

This is unacceptable.

Tajrec
Student
Options

It happened to me the same thing, but after about half an hour, I couldn't get the screen at all. Does anyone know if it happened because of the screen or something else? 

IMG_20210708_090805.jpg

0 Likes
葉慧明
First Poster
Options

Right side of the whole screen faded to black.  I bought this TV 2 years and 6 months.

0 Likes
Asia009
First Poster
Options
Same problem. From few weeks every next day is worst. Its not flexible...20210827_133111_20267.jpg
0 Likes
Tajrec
Student
Options

So I tried to replace the backlights and in about 3 weeks it stopped working again. I just want to recommend that you do not buy backlights. I think it's Sansung's fault. I had several such TVs and they were all from the same brand. In my opinion, it's just a trick to get money out of people for a new TV. It breaks down and people buy a new one right away. That's why I switched to the philips brand. 🙄