Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UHD 4k 6000 series television screen completely distorted.

(Topic created on: 15-02-2018 11:19 AM)
Bencvs83
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I woke up this morning to find my television picture distorted. Wondered if anyone could help me with a a possible solution. Should i buy a new screen? IMG_20180215_100357.jpg

IMG_20180215_100346.jpg

IMG_20180215_100342.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bencvs83wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm out of warranty and currently checking with retailer if I took extended cover. I'm unable to see any of the screen so I think it would have to be remote access. Part of me has given up and accepted that imI going to have to buy new tv as it seems like repair cost would be high. 

I'm sending you a link on consumer rights if decided to go down that route , onus more on customer though  after 6 months .  2015 Consumer Rights Act

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bencvs83wrote:

Hi, I woke up this morning to find my television picture distorted. Wondered if anyone could help me with a a possible solution. Should i buy a new screen? IMG_20180215_100357.jpg

IMG_20180215_100346.jpg

IMG_20180215_100342.jpg

Hi @Bencvs83,   definitely  a major problem.  .  You could perform a self diagnosis- Settings-Support-Self Diagnosis-Start Picture Test  to confirm problem wth TV or device. However I suspect that you will need to contact Samsung Support, could possibly use Remote Support.  Is your set still under warranty though?   if not may have  option of redress with retailer if cost of repair/new screen significant.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bencvs83
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm out of warranty and currently checking with retailer if I took extended cover. I'm unable to see any of the screen so I think it would have to be remote access. Part of me has given up and accepted that imI going to have to buy new tv as it seems like repair cost would be high. 

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bencvs83wrote:

I'm sending you a link on consumer rights if decided to go down that route , onus more on customer though  after 6 months .  2015 Consumer Rights Act

Bencvs83
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for that James, I appreciate the help. Will bookmark the link and have a read through.