Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55RU710 0KXXU update 1401 Pioneer AV Receiver switching off

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 09:34 AM)
trl
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung UE55RU710 0KXXU TV connected to a Pioneer AV receiver. Before the system update yesterday to 1401, when I have the TV sound set to HMDI, all was good (both HDMI and optical connected from TV to amp - the amp does not support ARC, so even though I have HDMI selected I presume that optical is used. I have HDMI-CEC enabled in TV settings and the Samsung remote controls the amp volume. The amp switched on and off with the TV too, so the Pioneer remote is not needed). However, since the update to 1401, when I have HDMI-CEC enabled in TV settings, my amp is switched off after a few seconds of use and the sound reverts to the TV speakers. If I switch the amp back on, it just switches off again after a few seconds. Note: this is only since doing the TV update - the amp is working fine with everything else. If I disable HDMI-CEC in TV settings and select optical in the TV sound settings, then the sound comes through the amp fine, but I need to use the Pioneer remote to adjust volume and switch the amp on and off. Also, I no longer get Dolby Digital Plus audio from the TV, just Dolby Digital.

Can I revert back to the previous TV software which was working fine?

10 REPLIES 10
Fliss1289
Student
Options

We've the exact same problem! We have a UE43RU747OUXXU and it's hmdi arc connected to a Sony 2.1 system. Nothing fancy. And it's stopped working. If I tell the TV to switch to arc it does, for 5 seconds then flips back! Like you, I can get it to work through optical but it means using the separate remote. It worked fine before this. We can't be the only ones 

Justin Green
Explorer
Options

Same issue had to turn off HDMI-CEC. It worked for 2 years. Using Ambeo Soundbar

Florida666
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem after the last update as trt and floss. I have a Samsung UE50RU7400SXXN connect thru a Denon AVR-1610 receiver, and alternatively when I connect the pc to the TV the TV takes over the sound.

0 Likes
Members_vyH6k5A
Student
Options

Same here. Keeps loosing the sound to my cable box from QE65R950 Samsung TV. Have to unplug completely to restore the sound, does not appear anything from Samsung has been said as yet???????????????, Have checked the HDMI settings and cannot see anything has changed specifically.

0 Likes
Justin Green
Explorer
Options

May have to disable Anynet+ feature for now.. yes it’s sucks and in my case disables some other plugged in items but at least basic connection for Audio works 

0 Likes
Skywallker
Explorer
Options

I've tried that, and it disables HDMI output. Perhaps some models have a proper pass-through, not "Samsung designed".

Skywallker
Explorer
Options

Same here at cheap AF UE43RU7102K model. Just for clearance, I've been using my SMTV for a while with Sony AMP, and it worked like a charm. Yesterday, I've suddenly lost felt, that I've lost surround sound from my PC, and AMP was showing MUTING. Just as OP, and others before, my TV keeps changing it's output to its internal, which drives me nuts. Just after ~0.5h of me fighting with this situation, a wild pop-up appears "Your ... has been updated ... 1401", and I know I'm fu*%#d

It would be fine if I could uncheck Anynet+, and keep just pass-through, but as an SM flagship phone user it seems, that this company cares less and less about software, since they release a software, that breaks basic TV functionalities (and for phones it happens more often than you think), so neither this will help since it disables (for my case) HDMI output option on TV (tried every option).

It seems this should end mass reports of errors, spam on forum and hope that SM shall respond to our prays. Honestly - one or two weeks when I will need to re-plug my HDMI between eARC and no-eARC output to switch from PC to Netflix, and I'm heading to the shop to buy something having at least WORKING (I mean Android, so not Samsung) operating system.

0 Likes
Hobwell
Journeyman
Options

Exact same problem here with a Q80R on a Pioneer VSX-9040TSX.  Worked fine until the update. No luck downgrading the firmware via usb 😞

0 Likes
JBP3
Explorer
Options

Same here with Samsung soundbar connected to Samsung TV.

Here's what is working for me ...for now. TV Device Manager->Clean Memory Boost, then Clean Running Apps. Seems to have resolved the issue. YMMV