Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55MU6500

(Topic created on: 11-01-2018 07:19 AM)
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Hi again

Still having slight juggering on this tv and been looking around for some advice.

Is there a way to get into judder reduction on its own or does the motion settings do all this? I have custome the motion plus to 7, but still get the opera effect, but if lower it the picture quality goes.

Advise please anyone.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AntS
Options

Hi @valleyboy22.

Does this happen all sources or a specific one or particular port?

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

happens on all ports but the looks. got netflix running on app via tv and the slight stutter or judders is there also. Tries lowering the motion settings nut that reduces the picture quality alot, and if to high it goes to opera effect and fast moving thisngs get really blurry. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

It’s a tough one to definitively answer, I’m afraid. It very much depends on the source/content and which Motion Plus setting works best for you in the specific instance.

For example, UK TV broadcasts at 25 frames/second which can cause snagging or jumping for fast moving scenes if left as is. Auto Motion Plus works by adding extra frames between those broadcast frames with details calculated by the TV, which reduces the jump or snag but can still leave a ghosting or blurring effect occasionally.

On stuff like Netflix a lower Motion Plus setting reduces the blur/judder and is often better overall, although, as you say, there’s some sacrifice on the picture quality.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Thanks for the reply. 

Never had this on my old plasma Panasonic, but it's frustrating on this new tv which makes watching it not as good. It's nice when I custom motion to around 7 picture quality with still slight opera effect, but soon as the scenes go fast that is it. Surely they should be a was of seperatiing this to keep quality and help blur setting? Netflix I agree looks better but again it happens and I dread the sports on TV especially things like rugby and football which can be fast moving. I was hoping maybe when I update the firmware this will help because I have seen other posts regarding this and people have said is can. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@valleyboy22 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. 

Never had this on my old plasma Panasonic, but it's frustrating on this new tv which makes watching it not as good. It's nice when I custom motion to around 7 picture quality with still slight opera effect, but soon as the scenes go fast that is it. Surely they should be a was of seperatiing this to keep quality and help blur setting? Netflix I agree looks better but again it happens and I dread the sports on TV especially things like rugby and football which can be fast moving. I was hoping maybe when I update the firmware this will help because I have seen other posts regarding this and people have said is can. 

Useful advice even if  you wanted a clearer answer,Certainly I would try upgrading to the latest update to see if that makes a difference.  As I have said before experimentation necessary to achieve the best results for yourself but think you have done a lot of work on that already.  You may not find a setting that works perfectly for everything , whilst do not have this particular model at times I make adjustments  depending on content.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

Will have a go later i think to see if any improvements if any will happen. Samsung support says this update should help, but we will see. Feel a bit dissapointed after shelling out nearly £700 for a tv that has these issues and makes me wonder if other make tv do to, or is it something Samsung has implemented to their brands?