Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE55JU6800 TV top half screen backlight issue

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 08:39 PM)
01lyonsd
First Poster
Options

On occasions the top half of the screen goes darker, that I assume is a backlight issue of some sort but not sure why it only occurs sometimes without anything seeming to cause it.

Do anyone know what the issue can be or what I can do to resolve it?

16090904222512015959520007565042.jpg

16090904671895926185762963024551.jpg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @01lyonsd, let's restart your TV: unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. Next, reset the Picture Settings to default: Menu > Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset picture. Should this not help, please do a Picture Test: Menu button > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Picture Test. The image should be clear and free from any distortion. Is the image clear or still distorted? If it is still half dark, I recommend booking an engineer's visit directly from the Repair page of the main Samsung website. 

0 Likes
01lyonsd
First Poster
Options

All above has been done, it's an intermittent fault and comes and goes without any particular solution. 

Is it possible to get some further information of cost and terms of repairs etc please.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

This will depend on the warranty of the TV. If the TV is still within the 12-month warranty, it is likely that it will be repaired free of charge. If the TV is out of warranty, there will be a charge for the repair. In both cases, any repair cost will be confirmed by the engineer after the inspection of the TV.

0 Likes
01lyonsd
First Poster
Options

It's warranty has expired. I would assume there would be a set call out fee? And I would have the option not to proceed with repair if for example for the cost would exceed the replacing it the TV.

0 Likes