Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE506800

(Topic created on: 24-02-2020 07:49 PM)
Baristaonthebea
First Poster
Options

Hey people my Samsung ue50ju6800 screen has a dark shadow on the top third of the screen, TV is only 3 years old so as far as I am concerned should be within reasonable usage to still be operating. I have tried switching on/off and also leaving for a period of time whilst off no luck,  also updated to the latest firmware. Also tried new hdmi cables still no luck, also tried the internal picture test which failed on all occasions, asked for support via the online request service through the TV no response. I have seen plenty of other responses from other users with same problem posted on here,  Samsung can you please help a disgruntled customer after spending £800 on this smart TV (I am not smart buying it) 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Baristaonthebea! Let's run a Picture Test now to better understand the reason behind this issue: press the Menu button > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Picture Test. The image should be clear and free from any distortion. Is the image clear or still distorted? 

0 Likes
Baristaonthebea
First Poster
Options

This has been completed before,  but I have done it again for you and all 3 tests still show the dark reduction on the top third of the screen 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, thanks for trying again. It may be better to get in touch with your closest Samsung Support Centre to have an engineer sent out to you to inspect the TV. You can find your closest one here

0 Likes
Baristaonthebea
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately the link doesn't work, a little like my expensive TV screen

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Baristaonthebea wrote:

Unfortunately the link doesn't work, a little like my expensive TV screen

Hi @Baristaonthebea  You can find information here   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/tv-av/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.