Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE49KU6400 cannot upgrade from firmware 1231 to 1240

(Topic created on: 18-07-2019 09:58 AM)
cvdv
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have a Samsung UE49KU6400 television and since i installed firmware 1231, i cannot listen to internet radio using the apps myTuner or TuneIn, because the app runs fine, but there is no sound coming out of the speakers.

Other apps like youtube produce correct sound.

Then i noticed that there is a new firmware available for the UE49KU6400: 1240. Now i have 1231 installed, but when i try to download version 1240, i always get error message CURL28 Time-out. I have tried both cabled and wireless network, but i always get the same error.

There is nothing wrong with the network, because i have another Samsung smart tv (other model) and this updated fine over the same network. I also did a network test and a smart hub test and these tests reported that the network is fine. The apps netflix and youtube are working fine - even in high definition - on this television.

Looks like this model tv UE49KU6400 with firmware 1231 cannot update to the latest firmware - or the firmware is not available on the Samsung server.

is there a way to download the firmware and to put it on a USB stick to upgrade UE49KU6400 to the firmware on the USB stick  ?

thx

chris

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@cvdv: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV. Further to your query, it is possible to download the latest update (Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1233.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)) from our website and install it on your TV via USB stick. Please follow the link below and scroll down to find the relevant file in the 'Downloads' section.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE49KU6400UXXU/

0 Likes
cvdv
Journeyman
Options

Hi

i have succesfully installed update 1233 from the USB stick.

From time to time the samsung UE49KU6400 thinks that update 1240 is available, but when i try to install it, it cannot find it. Very strange, there is something wrong with the update procedure.

I still have the problem that i cannot listen to music using an app like tunein. or using some websites in the browser. It used to work with 2 apps and with some websites in the browser.

The app tuneine throws the error "render error'.

PLease note that other apps like youtube and netflix produce sound, but sometimes you tube have one time given an error about certificates - this is gone now.

it is not a problem with the app that uses a wrong codec or the network that blocks some traffic, because tunein works perfectly fine on another samsung smart tv that is in another room, this tv is even a year older.

When wil update 1240 come out for UE49KU6400 ?

Is there a way to fix this problem or to look at the details logs on the UE49KU6400 ?

Best regards

Chris Van de Vijver

0 Likes