Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU Screen Cover?

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 02:40 PM)
iE11
Student
Options

I recently bought the Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU T.V. and while unpacking it and removing the protective plastic from around the bezel of the TV I also noticed that some plastic covering was coming away from the screen itself  in the top right hand corner.

I tried to remove this plastic covering thinking that it was supposed to be removed after the TV was all set up and that the plastic covering must be a kind of screen protector for the screen to keep It safe in transit/shipping but the plastic covering ripped while I was removing it and now the bottom half of my TV has this covering on it while the top half dosen't (I don't think I can remove the plastic covering from the bottom half of the screen without damaging It).

Can anyone let me know if this TV model (the Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU) does Indeed have a screen cover which is supposed to be removed or not?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
JNA1
First Poster
Options

Yes....Just leave the screen alone, DON’T peel the screen cover off if it Black and about  1mm ...... I also read online in some forums and on YouTube  telling me to do it but I shouldn't have listened to them as It cost me £1.500 / 12.500dk.kr for a repair job. Totaly new Panel from Samsung and repair with authorized dealer.

model QE8570TAT year 2020 cost from new £2.200 / 18.000dk.kr

PorkChopKid
Apprentice
Options

I purchased a 43" TV and did peel off the film which destroyed the TV.  First time I've come across something without a protective film.  So, as others have said....

*** DO NOT REMOVE THIS FILM ***

I put together this video showing what the film looks like.... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htsLNkLjLvA

Zoso7
First Poster
Options

I bought a UN43TU8000 today and after peeling the protective film off the bezel, I naturally looked for a film on the screen. I started to dig my nail under what looked like a layer of film that needed to come off, but then decided this looked too well applied to be a shipping item. I'm glad PorkChopKid was able to caution us on the essential nature of this film before I destroyed my new tv. The background light on this tv is sadly lacking, so I do wish there were a film I could peel to brighten it up beyond "50". C'mon Samsung, how about a heads up! At least use a sticky note to let your buyer know, that a bit of foam is all you box your tv's with. I bought this to replace another Samsung 43" that was only 2 years old when the entire right side of the screen went dark today. I might return this and go back to LG.

0 Likes
Nuribaba
First Poster
Options

So we should not remove it then 

0 Likes