Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU Screen Cover?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2017 08:05 PM)
iE11
Student
Options

I recently bought the Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU T.V. and while unpacking it and removing the protective plastic from around the bezel of the TV I also noticed that some plastic covering was coming away from the screen itself  in the top right hand corner.

I tried to remove this plastic covering thinking that it was supposed to be removed after the TV was all set up and that the plastic covering must be a kind of screen protector for the screen to keep It safe in transit/shipping but the plastic covering ripped while I was removing it and now the bottom half of my TV has this covering on it while the top half dosen't (I don't think I can remove the plastic covering from the bottom half of the screen without damaging It).

Can anyone let me know if this TV model (the Samsung UE49KS7000UXXU) does Indeed have a screen cover which is supposed to be removed or not?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @iE11,

There is usually a plastic covering to protect the TV. Can you provide a photo of what you're seeing on the screen? We'll try and advise as best we can from there.

0 Likes
jshfleet
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem on a 49" curved tv I have just bought. In my case I can't find a start to peel of any screen cover it just looks like there is one there because I am getting a high reflection on the screen from the picture window behind where I sit to watch television. I dont want to damage the screen by trying to peel it off!
0 Likes
Solution
iE11
Student
Options

DON'T PEEL IT OFF MAN!!!!!

I just got my T.V. back after trying to peel the screen cover off and damaging my screen. Had to take it to my local repair centre and managed to get it covered by warranty but it still took 2 weeks to get sorted and they were trying to say it was my fault at first and that I might not be covered by the  warranty.

Just leave the screen alone, if you get this message in time before trying to peel the screen cover off then don't do it. I read online in some forums telling me to do it but I shouldn't have listened to them as It could have cost me £471.00 for a repair job if they never covered it with the warranty.

Hope you get this message in time, yarp. P.S - The model of my T.V is UE49ks7000uxxu It's the same model as your one but it isn't the curved version.

Hal
Student
Options

I've had the same problem, hooked up the tv yest, and noticed a small splotch at the top of the screen after watching it for a couple of hours, phoned my supplier and they put me in touch with a Samsung technician who told me there was a 2nd protective film on the screen that needs removing. Could only pull half of the brittle film off. What a nightmare.

0 Likes
MissyGal56
First Poster
Options

I'm wondering why edges of my UN65KS9800FXZA are peeling up & I clean with a soft microfiber cloth !!!??? I have extended warranty & im calling this morning !!!

Once place has bubbled up !!! This tv set receiver retailed for $7,000.00 new !!! I hope it can be repaired !!! I know it's not something to peel off !!! 

MissyGal56

0 Likes
Linda_Wickings
First Poster
Options

I have just bought a 50inch Samsun TV and once plugged in the screen is looking quite ‘milky’. Have tried removing what I think is the film coverin with no joy as it is not lifting at any of the corners. Readin on here to leave it alone to avoid damage I am very perplexed as I am disappointed with the picture quality. I have 3 other Samsun TVs and never experienced this problem before.......HELP!!

Mattpjones
First Poster
Options

I have started to take off the screen film cover on tv and it half done off and the rest is left in it and a night mare to get off, how please Soap or something else?

0 Likes
jshfleet
First Poster
Options

I don't think it's meant to come off.

0 Likes
Hal
Student
Options

Don't remove it. Happened to me and Samsung had to replace the entire screen.

I was told to remove it, but it was a black brittle film that actually ruined the picture when the set was switched on. 

If it's still under warranty call Samsung. Ask for a tech to come and inspect, don't make the mistake I made and try and remove it.