Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE43AU7100 (2021) Dimming?

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 07:10 AM)
Zonnks
First Poster
Options

Good Evening everyone!

I feel so old that I’m struggling with this television...I hope one of you lovely people can offer some assistance or tips! 

We have just set up our new television -  Samsung UE43AU7100 (2021) and have noticed that the top half of the screen seems to dim or shadow quite a bit affecting the overall quality of the visual display automatically....

Happens in both PS5 Game mode and unplugged HDMI to just display home television guide. Same issue occurs.

• I have turned off eco mode and turned off any auto light adjusting modes
  • I have adjusted and attempted various light settings like standard, dynamic ect.
  • I have switched gaming mode off when playing pS5
  • I have ensured the light sensor is not blocked or obstructed in any way
  • I have reset and done a picture troubleshoot via support settings
  • I have contacted customer service call centre tonight and awaiting further troubleshooting via response to email with images included
  • Both soft and hard reset done on television and same issue occurs automatically (even with auto display settings adjusted and switched off!)
  • Checked for updates and is most updated version ( only unboxed and set up today!)

I’m curious is anyone else is having this issue as this was flagged up as a bug on older models (2016-2019).
Some older posts on these models cannot be rectified unless in PC display mode (not available for this 2021 model or for PS5 from what I can see!)

I have attached some photos below. You can see the dim/ darkness in top half of photos!

If anyone else is having this issue, let me know! 

Thanks,

Jordan (F, 26)

13DD6490-4C97-424F-BA30-8E01E3969F0B.jpeg

E2C9999A-6C0C-4530-9B8E-8B4D46691AB6.jpeg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Zonnks 

hello,

best to seek expert advise from customer support