Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE40NU7120 Sound drop outs

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 02:25 PM)
garyforest
Student
Options

I've just bought a Samsung 40 inch UE40NU7120 and everthing is fine apart from some tiny sound drop outs when I'm using my Sky box or Xbox One through HDMI.

When I'm streaming something it's fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

41 REPLIES 41
TonyD1
First Poster
Options

Many thanks, I have tried this setting in the M-DAC.  Ok so, far, will let you know after some longer testing.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have the same issue with UE55KU6402 even aftes service menu reset, EDID, change sound settings.

It is connected to a DENON x4200 receiver and for 3 years allready worked like a charm.

I think there is something wrong about the last firmware.

SAMSUNG, do sometihng about this!

0 Likes
Ricky62
First Poster
Options

My personal solution:   I thought I would add to this as I had a similar issue matching my Panasonic HD recorder to my new Samsung qled 4k TV via hdmi.   Sound is through a Yamaha sound bar via optical lead.   I was experiencing sound clipping and micro dropouts like someone was tapping the microphone etc.  Very annoying.    I tried changing the hdmi lead to 18gbps version but it did no good.  After checking various menus and settings I eventually went into the HD recorders sound settings and changed all the outputs to bitstream.    Problem solved.  Perfect sound.   I am not saying this will solve everyone's problem but worth checking. 

0 Likes
Monographia
Journeyman
Options

@Ricky62, where did you find the settings for HD Recorders Sound Settings? The TV or your HD recorder?

I have similair problems as many of you. Stuttering sound through optical to a new NAD Amp1 receiver with a new cable. Changing to PCM doesn't do anything.

The cable works fine, it works great when connecting it to XBOX.

The apps on Samsung works better, but after a while the clipping sound appears. On the apps it occurs sometimes and sometimes not, compared to the HDMI ports and DTV where it happens all the time steadily.

I've tried factory resetting the TV which didn't do anything.

Here is my setup:

TV: The Frame 2019 49" (QE49LS03RAU) – 2 months old

Amp: NAD Amp1 (NADAMP1BK) connected via the optical input (D1 for TV use) with a new optical cable (ARGCL1OPT1,0) – both bought 1 week ago

Stereo system 2:1

HDMI 1: Apple TV4 connected with new Premium HDMI cable from Deltaco

I've tried all the different audio settings (Stereo / Dolby Digital, and forcing 16bit) which doesn't change anything

HDMI 2: XBOX One S connected with the in-the-box HDMI cable – 2 weeks old

Tried Stereo Uncompressed and Bitstream, neither changed anything. 

The manual for my amp says:

The digital inputs are capable of handling up to 24bit / 192 kHz audio signal in PCM-format. check your source signal type to make sure it is in the right format.

It feels that there are some settings I'm missing on my TV to set this up properly, which I just can't find…

Does 24bit / 192kHz mean anything that I should change in the settings?

Worth noting is that the TV don't recognize my amp correctly, it instead sets it up as a Denon. 

When it doesn't want to set the amp up automatically and I manually have to say which it is I can choose Nad Amp1, but the remote won't work then and it didn't have any any other affect on the audio.

0 Likes
Ricky62
First Poster
Options
Hi sorry for delay. Firstly I would point out my model of TV is different but symptoms similar.
In the end I fully cured it by changing the HDMI lead to a fully 4K compliant lead, re-connecting the optical cable from TV to soundbar and setting the Panasonic recorders audio-out settings to bitstream. This is within the recorders own menu not the TV. All sound clear and free of any problems. Your setup could have completely different issues of course.
0 Likes
Collette84
First Poster
Options

Did u manage to solve this problem any help would be great

0 Likes
Ricky62
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had forgotten about this one!   Sadly it did come back to haunt me.    I have since discovered that the problem persists with the "smaller" channels here in the UK on Freeview.   Basically any HD channel is fine.  No sound problems at all but if I record one of the minor channels like ITV2 or a +1 channel I get the bad stuttering and drop outs.  I can only think it's some sort of sound compression conflict between the recorder and the TV.   If I watch the channels live on the TV there are no sound issues.   I have yet to find any cure for it sadly and have learned to live with it. 

0 Likes
ben5560
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me, 43" Frame TV with an Orbitsound A70. 

Orbitsound state this is a known fault with Samsung, and sometimes it gets fixed with firmware updates and then comes back with future ones. Doesnt happen with Bluetooth or Aux into the bar, only Optical. Tried a better cable, no joy.

Weirdly only seems to happen on TV, Youtube Music - but not within Netflix and Amazon.

0 Likes
Daprosy
First Poster
Options

I resolved my issue by changing the optical PLL settings  to wide on my Audiolab 6000a for optical port 2. I have seen a few others report this issue with amps or DACS that use the ESS Sabre DAC, with my Audiolab has this chip also.

I had the same issue as many here are experiencing, the stuttering with music via YouTube, Spotify etc. With TV and movies and with audio not too complex it seemed fine.

My TV is the Q95T, so it has a one connect box. Shame Samsung have not acknowledged the poor optical out performance on their TVs which seems to be for a number of models now, and on their flagships! Glad it's fixed though.

0 Likes
ToiletDuck
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20220324-125830_Chrome.jpg

 This worked for me after trying so many options. I used Slow 1

0 Likes