Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE40MU6120K - Memory full, cannot delete any apps

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 10:49 PM)
EzMorg
Apprentice
Options

Over the last week or so, I have noticed my TV becoming increasingly slower, with certain bugs making it insufferable to use including being unable to turn the volume up and down and the UI in general being more stuttery than usual. 

After reading up online I believe the issue to be a result of having no free memory. Bearing in mind, I have nothing extra installed apart from the apps that came with the TV. I did have Disney plus which I deleted (which is ridiculous - I shouldn’t need to!!) but the memory is still showing as 0KB available. 

Fixes I have tried to remedy this include:

- Multiple factory resets

- Multiple Smart hub resets

- Installing software update via a USB - error came up with no new update available

- Developer mode and deleting pre installed apps (doesn’t give me the option). 

I can see online that this is quite a common issue with seemingly no fix. I really don’t want to fork out for a new TV - but if this can’t be fixed and is down to crappy firmware/OS, I certainly won’t be buying Samsung again. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
AsadM
Options

Hi @EzMorg, I'm sorry to hear about your TV. It'll be ideal to get the TV inspected to determine what actions you can take to take to get this sorted. You can arrange this with any one of our Approved Support Centres. You can find the closest here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes
Ray37
Apprentice
Options

I've been having the exact same frustrating issues and twice Samsung Tech Support failed to provide a resolution. 1st round I was given a link to update the firmware without asking me first what firmware version I have installed. After nearly a week searching for a flash drive to buying one and then trying to install this so-called "new" firmware, I searched again and realized there is no other firmware and that I already have the latest so-called greatest firmware. 

The 2nd tech gave me 2 options: 1) manually update the firmware, 2) use an external hard drive. 

What a joke. 1) I cannot update to a non existing firmware. 2) I've been using an external hard drive while the TV crapped on me within the last 3 months. 

Like you and the rest of the disappointed Samsung owners, my TV also maxed out on memory and it's been getting worst by the day. 

I suspect a scheme, that Samsung's last firmware (bug) caused all these issues to likely 1) force consumers to hire their tech to in-person fix the TV; 2) force consumers to buy a new TV no different than discontinuing service on every powerful cell phone that forces us to buy new. Every 2 years there's always something up. 

Samsung: should you delete my negative comment, I have this on a Clip Board. I'll gladly put this honesty right back up. 

EzMorg
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the reply Ray and cementing my exact thoughts. It’s absolute bull**** that a 4 year old TV is ceasing to function. It’s just so frustrating that the hardware is absolutely fine! I have decided to buy an Amazon fire stick and completely avoid the ‘smart’ hub for now as it’s completely un useable due to the memory issue that is seemingly impossible to solve without external storage like you mentioned. 

Let me know if you manage to find any further fixes 🙂

Ray37
Apprentice
Options

Wow at least you got 4 years in. My baby is only 2 years old and I'm about ready to kick this to the curb with or without training wheels. 

Yes, Firestick or Ruku is the next best thing. 

aerianamama
Apprentice
Options

I'm so frustrated with them right now too.  Spent over 30 minutes on the phone for them just to delete the two apps I actually installed and use, versus the apps they won't allow me to delete now. I will never purchase from them again.

EzMorg
Apprentice
Options

It’s awful and I feel your pain totally, just can’t believe this has obviously (by the number of forums) been an issue for a while and there is still no fix. Genuinely starting to believe it’s a scheme as suggested by Ray above to get us to buy new TVs. 

I know it isn’t ideal - but I purchased an Amazon fire stick which is a great alternative - way better then the built in Samsung apps and the Samsung UI in general. 

Members_1wfRG8q
First Poster
Options

PRfait

0 Likes
Members_1wfRG8q
First Poster
Options

Sublime

0 Likes
Members_1wfRG8q
First Poster