Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung UE40ES6300 TV will not find or connect to wireless network

(Topic created on: 22-06-2020 02:57 PM)
BrandonRB
Apprentice
Options

I also have a Samsung UE40ES6300 TV and yesterday it suddenly stopped finding my or any other wireless nestworks. 

I have reset the router, factory reset the TV and it still won't find any wireless networks. I suspect the wireless card in the TV has failed. 

I also have a UE40ES5500 TV and that suffered the power cycling issue. We paid to have that fixed, but then over time found that Amazon Prime, Netflix etc were no longer supported and the apps were removed from the TV without any warning. We bought the Smart TV for those services and similar services and to find that within a year or so, services were just removed is appalling. 

I suggest that someone from Samsung contacts me to explain or resolve the issues above, because as it stands at the moment I do not rate Samsung build quality, longevity in service, or customer service highly at all. I will not buy any Samsung products again - that goes for TVs, consumer products, mobile phones, tablets or PCs. Someone at Samsung needs to realise that these are expensive items and the fact that they just fail after a year or so in service is not good enough. They seem to treat these items as disposable items with a working lifespan of 1 year. 

63 REPLIES 63
KEITHRH12
First Poster
Options

How do I get to the dns settings?

Even after changing the region setting from S to A I still not get any wifi signals, and can not find how to get into the dns setting.

I

BartBart1
Apprentice
Options

After hours of frustration and updating firmware, checking/rechecking the modem, etc. and looking up the internet for solutions - I finally found this thread. (Am in Australia)

Thanks to this discussion I have got my UA55ES7500M smart tv to see the Wifi that it wouldn't previously.

My Wifi Area was set to O which I changed to Area A and bingo it fixed the issue and could see it immediately.

Not sure if the Firmware update resets the Area - but I recommend the method!

So thanks again!!!

Atk
First Poster
Options

Samsung are turning into a piece of sh*t. I recommend TCL. Lot better and they don't break down like Samsungs do all the time.

Ren28
Student
Options

@mp1967 wrote:

I have the 46es7000 bought around 2012.  Still love this tv and is my bedroom tv now, as have 3 other newer Samsungs in other rooms.  It was one of the first Samsung smart TVs and had all the options at the time 3D  and gesture control (never use them now though). i had an Amazon  firestick, and chrome cast in it, so hadn't had to use the smart hub for probably a couple of years actuall for any apps or streaming services, as can all be got on the firestick but recently had moved the firestick to one of the other TVs and went back to use the smart hub on this tv and found the wifi wouldn't pick up.  Tried all the usual resets and ip settings and combos suggested and being an IT veteran I doubted a wifi card fault, as it would unusual for it to go and the telly not complain about it when everything else is fine and no clear known fault for it on forums etc.  I also wanted to ensure it tried all firmware and config options before going to the wifi card as I would do with any computer or device fault and if device manager can see and check the device.  Saw your post and used your suggestion and just to reiterate what I did: -

With telly off, on remote press "info" then "menu" then "mute" then "power on" to take it into diags.  Then select "control" then "sub option" and low and behold "wifi region" option was set at E!

Select and changed to "A" and saved that.

TV off and on, then into menu, network settings and start to look for wifi networks and voila, they all came up. Well the 2G versions as it is an older wifi adapter after all before 5G was the offered!

cost £zero, time 20 mins roughly, all good :-).

Thanks so much we've also had the exact same issues. I'm in Australia where do I find the correct wifi region to use ? 

BartBart1
Apprentice
Options

@Ren28 wrote:

@mp1967 wrote:

I have the 46es7000 bought around 2012.  Still love this tv and is my bedroom tv now, as have 3 other newer Samsungs in other rooms.  It was one of the first Samsung smart TVs and had all the options at the time 3D  and gesture control (never use them now though). i had an Amazon  firestick, and chrome cast in it, so hadn't had to use the smart hub for probably a couple of years actuall for any apps or streaming services, as can all be got on the firestick but recently had moved the firestick to one of the other TVs and went back to use the smart hub on this tv and found the wifi wouldn't pick up.  Tried all the usual resets and ip settings and combos suggested and being an IT veteran I doubted a wifi card fault, as it would unusual for it to go and the telly not complain about it when everything else is fine and no clear known fault for it on forums etc.  I also wanted to ensure it tried all firmware and config options before going to the wifi card as I would do with any computer or device fault and if device manager can see and check the device.  Saw your post and used your suggestion and just to reiterate what I did: -

With telly off, on remote press "info" then "menu" then "mute" then "power on" to take it into diags.  Then select "control" then "sub option" and low and behold "wifi region" option was set at E!

Select and changed to "A" and saved that.

TV off and on, then into menu, network settings and start to look for wifi networks and voila, they all came up. Well the 2G versions as it is an older wifi adapter after all before 5G was the offered!

cost £zero, time 20 mins roughly, all good :-).

Thanks so much we've also had the exact same issues. I'm in Australia where do I find the correct wifi region to use ? 

If you read my reply a few posts up (I am in Australia) I used Region A and it solved the issue.

0 Likes
BartBart1
Apprentice
Options

deleted double post

0 Likes
Ren28
Student
Options

Thank you. We tried A still no connection. To be honest once we got the NBN a few years ago and the smart hub completley stopped.  Telstra then gave us a Roku ( They must have known there would be issues ! ) The Roku and Xbox have been fine all this time so didn't really require connection through the TV. However a few weeks ago they all started cutting out and eventually not appearing onto the TV. Neither the Xbox or Roku is malfunctioning as both work on another TV. Checked the HDMI cords all work on other units. It seems the TV is not receiving the picture from the external sources if that makes sense. We have done a full factory reset and still nothing. I may actually post this on the general board to see if there is a solution. We called Samsung and the guy just kept asking what part we required... ;-/ 

0 Likes
MelanieF68
First Poster
Options

Mine was also originally set to S and changing it to A hasn't helped. Changing the DNS settings to 8888 as thousands have suggested doesn't help either, nothing has. My only two choices left are to buy a 30 foot Ethernet cable and/or replace the Wi-Fi modual myself. Both options are under $30 each so not the end of the world however, it is a 2012 TV so I'm wondering if I shouldn't just get a new one. My TCL in the living room works well. I'm wondering if the U.S. TV's need to be set to another letter.

0 Likes
toulkeridis
First Poster
Options

Hi from Greece. Same problem as everyone else.

The service menu trick (info > menu > mute > switch on) worked (The wifi region was set to E so I changed it to A)

MANY MANY thanks  ❤️  ❤️ 

0 Likes
PaddyW67
First Poster
Options

Model UE32H6400AKXXU - Same problem. No wireless networks found after having worked fine for ages.

Problem solved with slight modifications to suggestions above:

1) Turn off TV

2) Remote  - click 'Info',  'Menu', 'Mute' and then 'Power On'   one after the other.  Tried a few times to get this to bring up the options on the TV screen

3)  Select 'Control' then 'MRT Option' to display the WIFI Area/Region which was set to 'E'.   Changed this to 'A' as suggested above and it could then find my wireless network again!